Nelspruit Meeting Day Visitors Wednesday, 22 November 2017

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Nelspruit Meeting Day Visitors Wednesday, 22 November 2017

Post by Richprins »

Leachy was also very sharp, and charming! lol

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Well done to all that attended, Kevin Moore and Liandi Slabbert, a special thank you for hosting this event.
Then also Jo and Roy need commendation for their selfless gesture. Last and most important to the folk that attended these meetings, a great thank you!!! It is good to note that there are other concerned people out there!!! Not just the usual bunch.
As for myself, most unfortunately, I have my reservations and simply cannot agree with all this goodness. I reserve the understanding that by creating remedy for ill conceived ideas and situations that may have faltered do not make the situation of exploitation right. I mentioned this and hopefully will be mentioned in the minutes report.
My input did not qualify but for the law enforcement bit very much a common suggestion. Although my input was questioned several times prior to happening I still appreciate the moment granted.
To my mind when one is seeking answers to unfortunate situations then first and foremost one would look at what created this awkward situation!!!?? My input regarding these matters were very much questioned and however, found to be not applicable, hence not pinned on the discussion board that would produce the ultimate solution.
I remain thankful to the host for accommodating my difference of opinion!
Let’s not kill the goose that laid the golden egg by means of over exploitation!! It was mentioned!!

Heh,.. H.e
leachy

Post by leachy »

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

i also attended the SHR Lowveld Region target group meeting that afternoon.

one interesting suggestion was to create a separate entrance/exit gate for the open safari vehicles

as well as keeping them off the existing road network by sending them off on a few of the management roads

and fire breaks.

also letting them build their own picnic sites away from the existing infrastructure.

should the tourists wish to do some curio shopping in skukuza then arrange a drop off point for them near the shop and then

the vehicles go off and park somewhere else in the camp....

the future is not what it used to be
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Thanks, leachy! \O

Ja, as far a s I know the OSV's were meant to be allowed to build their own parking spot at Skuks already...must check up on that! ..0..

Another point I made was that a lot more attention needs to be paid to the upkeep and expansion of shady parking areas at dams and water points! These have largely vanished over the years, so cars can't park for that long without roasting. This will take vehicles off the roads, IMO. :yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

That's some interesting thought... Not sure what to make of it yet. As in do I like that suggestion or not...

But thanks for sharing the info, leachy \O

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Tx leachy & RP. \O

Interesting suggestions. :yes:

Return to “Public Participation - Kruger Management Plan”