Letaba Rest Camp

Information & Discussion on the Camps of Kruger
Alf

Re: Letaba Rest Camp

Post by Alf »

RobertT wrote:Wasn't a problem last night. \O \O
Maybe not for you but your neighbors won't feel the same way after your party O**

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
RobertT

Post by RobertT »

Richprins wrote:Robert doesn't work very hard anyway! =O:
=O: =O: Busy sitting on verandah doing work, but soon time to shut down for day and go for a drive.

Alf only time my neighbors comlain is when I have the Alf clan over for braai. That old toppie and Tannie are probably not going to take a chance at Lower Sabie again just in case they get me as neighbour and I invite you over. =O: =O:

Alf

Post by Alf »

RobertT wrote:
Richprins wrote:Robert doesn't work very hard anyway! =O:
=O: =O: Busy sitting on verandah doing work, but soon time to shut down for day and go for a drive.

Alf only time my neighbors comlain is when I have the Alf clan over for braai. That old toppie and Tannie are probably not going to take a chance at Lower Sabie again just in case they get me as neighbour and I invite you over. =O: =O:
Poor old toppie and tannie =O: =O: =O: =O:

Next trip to the bush??

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Alf wrote:Please note that the FNB ATM facilty at Letaba Rest Camp in the Kruger National Park, has been removed as from today (10 February 2016), by the service provider.

A slimline mini FNB ATM is available in the camp's shop. Instead of holding cash like a conventional ATM, clients are presented with a slip which they can then cash at the retailer's till. The following restrictions apply:
1.The cash withdrawal is dependent on the sales at the shop for the day.
2.International banking cards are not accepted.

The closest conventional ATM is available in Phalaborwa.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

^Q^ ^Q^ Finally a good proof of respect for the animals in their territory! ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Kruger leopard takes up camp at Letaba, forces out day visitors

SANParks says The Kruger National Park (KNP)’s Letaba Day Visitors’ area is closed until further notice as a leopard has dragged its prey into the site and taken up residence.
"Letaba Day Visitors’ area is temporarily closed as from today (Friday), 6 May 2016 until further notice. A leopard has made the site its residence, by moving in with its kill; which it has gradually been feeding on since yesterday (Thursday)," says SANParks.

“For the safety of visitors we decided to close the site for the weekend as the leopard’s paw prints and the recently broken fence indicate it has been roaming around the site. Leopards are territorial animals and would not tolerate any intrusion into their territory therefore we decided to give it space for a few days; and our Wildlife Veterinary Staff will advise on how to deal with the situation next week,” said the KNP’s General Manager William Mabasa.

The kill is still up in a tree at the site, which is currently proclaimed the cat’s stronghold; and some people have reported to have watched it feeding from up there, " says SANParks.

The closure highlights the importance of how the Kruger National Park has to balance tourism with its natural surroundings and wildness of nature. Most recently the effects of tourists in the park have come under scrutiny as a number of fatal hit and run accidents have taken place.

While wildlife enthusiasts are outraged by the continuing deaths of animals on SANParks roads, new data shows that speeding isn't the only killer of animals on the parks' roads.

Traveller24 earlier reported that the Endangered Wildlife Trust’sWildlife and Roads Project (EWT-WRP), which has been collecting on-the-ground roadkill data on a number of roads in protected areas across the country since 2010, believes a lack of observance from drivers is as deadly as speeding in the parks.

Being mindful of the effects of tourism on the iconic National Park is going to become even more crucial as a new 240-bed Kruger National Radisson Blu Safari Resort has been approved - despite environmental impact assessments indicating that it will have the lowest development footprint in the world at less than 4%.

The proposed hotel will be a full-service facility that will be constructed on the periphery of the park at the Malelane Gate Precinct, but as the park reports a 6.5% increase in visitor numbers, with 1 767 218 guests entering Kruger gates in 2015 alone - SANParks has a sustainable management task of note on its hand.

RobertT

Post by RobertT »

Saw a leopard within 100 meters of there last week Thursday, wonder if it is same one. \O

Alf

Post by Alf »

He wanted to feed on you but you never stopped there lol lol

Next trip to the bush??

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

This happens now and again, the leopard picks a tree at night? -O-

What the hell this has to do with speeding and what not I don't know?

Ai, pressure on Kruger, sorry, William! X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Camps of Kruger”