Camping or Bungalows

Information & Discussion on the Camps of Kruger
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Camping or Bungalows

Post by Richprins »

iNdy! You are old, and obviously don't require privacy!

Ladies can also only tolerate camping in Kruger for a certain length of time, sometimes....?

iNdlovu

Post by iNdlovu »

Ezzacterry my point RP, when I camp and the places I go, I have the most privacy you can imagine.
And don't call me old, your pupils think you're ancient, just ask them

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

I've done a bit of camping, but in Kruger it's always bungalows. iNdy, I have to say I'm looking forward to camping on our Overland trip...sounds like you do it in style....glamping (camping with glamour)!!

serval

Post by serval »

I can claim to have spent days in places untold, so concrete & tar, paving and bars, shops and jewellry, hairdryers and decorations, curtains & airconditioners, rowdy kids and waiters, are no longer attractions to me.

iNdlovu

Post by iNdlovu »

Well said serval.

Flutts, camping doesn't mean you have to give up all the niceties of life in fact bring the niceties along, add camping to it and you've got the best. Make no mistake I'm not one of those overlanders that carries everything that opens and closes, twists or turns etc. It has taken many years of being in the bush to find out the things I need and don't need. I would rather leave some fancy gadget in the shop and have more space for an extra cold one, Amarula or scotch to make the time around the camp fire just that little bit more special.

There's no point in packing boxes of stuff and then having to unpack those same boxes when you get home without having used any of it. On the other hand I like to sleep comfy, eat well, drink just as well, and be able to take a daily hot shower wherever I am. I hate that gritty dusty feeling. Because of my big beer belly I don't have a lap to put my plate of food on, so a table is essential. Stuff like that does it for me. The other thing is to able to find stuff, so I'm very careful when I pack the Landy. Everything has it's place and I know where everything is. Years ago I did a trip with a buddy in his vehicle, after a few evenings I lost it and an avalanche of stuff came flying out of his vehicle, barely missing his head. I couldn't find the cork screw for my perfectly chilled bottle of Chardonnay.

Return to “Camps of Kruger”