Flutterby

Re: It ain't arf 'ot 'ere Mum.

Post by Flutterby »

Lovely sunrise and very cute impi! \O

harrys

Post by harrys »

Just caught up here :-0

Beautiful photos and lots of wonderful birds ^Q^ ^Q^ and those Impala lambs are always adorable ^Q^ ^Q^

KNP: May be one day again??
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

That Balule causeway impressions are stunning - Gladly we can cross this bridge now finally also again soon \O

So many awesome and colourful bird shots, :ty: BluTuna

and that very new Impala baby stole my heart - So cute X#X

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

BluTuna wrote:
Richprins wrote: which we'd have missed if it weren't for

Oh, this is so rarely correct these days, using "were" in "if" clauses/sentences! O/\ O\/ ^Q^ X#X

:ty:

[O] X#X

I prefer those days when 'Prestigious' meant 'underhand and devious' and 'Decimated' meant 'to reduce by one tenth'. There was no such word as 'Humbleness' and 'Gay' meant 'happy and carefree'!

Don't care much for 'these days' ^0^
Hell, BT! What wise words, and you have gained a fan for life regarding me here! X#X ^Q^

Your last installment's pics are pretty boring, but this far more important for me! :yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Lisbeth wrote:Sensational bird pics O/\ O/\ and the bambies are soooo pretty ^Q^ ^Q^

Some very thick tusks, so you are probably right, with time it could be a new big tusker \O
I enjoy seeing the big elephants, especially the named tuskers that are on Aat's site I don't think this is one of them yet!

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Alf wrote:The newbies looks so new lol lol

Lovely birds too ^Q^ ^Q^

That sunrise over the bridge is beautiful \O
One of the great things about going to Kruger at that time of year is the cutie population explosion.

It's a great place to watch the sun rise, a pleasure I haven't had in a while because the bridge has been broken for so long!

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Thanks for commenting Flutts and Harrys and Pumbaa \O

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Richprins wrote:
BluTuna wrote:
Richprins wrote: which we'd have missed if it weren't for

Oh, this is so rarely correct these days, using "were" in "if" clauses/sentences! O/\ O\/ ^Q^ X#X

:ty:

[O] X#X

I prefer those days when 'Prestigious' meant 'underhand and devious' and 'Decimated' meant 'to reduce by one tenth'. There was no such word as 'Humbleness' and 'Gay' meant 'happy and carefree'!

Don't care much for 'these days' ^0^
Hell, BT! What wise words, and you have gained a fan for life regarding me here! X#X ^Q^

Your last installment's pics are pretty boring, but this far more important for me! :yes:
I hate it when people make up new words when there are perfectly good ones already. Another one I've heard recently is "Instinctual" @#$ Do they do it because they are ignorant or are they just dumb?

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Tuesday 1 December 2015 - Balule -> Letaba.

Up a bit later this morning, we spent a little time in the camp before going out. The temperatures were soaring, it had reached the very high 30s over the past few days, and the following day was forecast to be well above 40 which is a bit too bloomin 'ot for my English blood. We decided to head for Olifants to change our booking to a camp with a swimming pool and electricity so we could run a fan to cool off.

Before we headed off, a Puffback,

and a Whitefronted Bee-eater.

On the south end of the Balule bridge, Little Bee-eaters.

Further up the road.

And a Hyaena clan who were busy eating a young Hippo.

Which was attracting some other scavengers.

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

We changed our booking to stay at Letaba for the next four nights so we headed back to Balule to pack up which is a much quicker operation with the trailer than it was with our old tent.

On the way back to camp, we found the Little Bee-eaters again; they were nesting in the river bank.

An hour after taking pictures of the Bee-eaters we had packed up and were well on our way. We found these Elephants at one of the Olifants River lookouts on the H-1.

After a long cool soak in the pool I set off on my afternoon drive, the SO decided to remain in camp. The area around Letaba is never much good for game spotting and my drive took me to the Longwe lookout point which overlooks the Engelhard Dam.

A Buff.

Some river views.

The Engelhard Dam view point.

The view from Longwe.

Finally, a Letaba River sunset from the bridge.

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”