Richprins' Short Business Trips to The Park

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Richprins' Short Business Trips to The Park

Post by Richprins »

We reached Olifants at last...this is a LONG drive! :shock: 0:

We stayed in the huge guest cottages (GA4) there...very good value for money, same as an ordinary 4-bedder! \O \O \O
(But no view.) :no:

q.jpg
The place has incredibly thick walls... :shock: O-/

q1.jpg
I immediately spent all my attention on getting the 3 aircons going, and lo and behold one kept tripping the power!

0: 0: 0:

:-( :-( :-( :no: :no: :no:

I contacted reception and pretty soon a chap named Kingdom arrived to sort it out and indicate that the aircon does not work if the kitchen light is on. Duly noted. \O

There are two big bedrooms with en-suites, and a giant kitchen/sitting room area. Very comfortable indeed!

q2.jpg

Our nightly dining spot:

q4.jpg
It was NOT getting even slightly cooler, still just under 40, so just outside for a smoke now and again. Late lunch was served! ;-)

q3.jpg

Suddenly the serenity was shattered by a huge crash!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

q5.jpg
Last edited by Richprins on Tue May 22, 2018 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Prinsadam had walked through the sliding door, an old Prins family problem... O-/

We said he was dronk but he had all sorts of lawyer excuses... :O^

Anyway, we had to call Kingdom again.

Kingdom Comes:

q6.jpg

Kingdom was a real legend - remember this was 1 January weekend deathly hot heatwave afternoon. He didn't complain at all, and GuiltyPCprinsadam showered him with gifts! =O: =O: =O: Kingdom was chuffed with all the tea he got, amongst other things! :twisted:

I used the thing I normally use to make the doors visible - wet toilet paper... -O-

q7.jpg

Prinsadam loves making food and braaiing, so that suits us extremely well. But it was hot all the way into the night, so we stayed inside! 0- 0:

As always happens after heatwave, the next day was cold, overcast and incredibly windy! 0*\ 0*\ 0*\

There was no way to go for a drive - Prinsadam and fam went for a Morning Walk, defying the odds - it was memorable for its challenging nature... :twisted:

But no problem with staying in bed all day for us at all, also an old Prins family problem! ;-)

That afternoon the wind settled a bit, so Prinswilliam and I went for a spin. Momprins was "ill", which means babelaas, so stayed in bed. \O

Impala in rain:

q8.jpg

And Olifants River in Rain:

q9.jpg

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

...the aircon does not work if the kitchen light is on...
lol I can understand if it was a dishwasher or washing machine, but a simple light 0-

Only a table for four :-? You had to use the garden furniture too :O^ Typical! 0*\

Apart from that, it looks nice, but a pity that there is no view :-(

Rather hot :shock:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

The place accommodates 4, Lis! \O

Prinsadam had a riverfront 4-bed bungalow, but obviously we used the big place for get-together.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

That explains the table \O but it also means that you cannot invite anybody O** In such a big place there is room for a slightly bigger table :yes: It is not the first time that I notice this and I find it strange.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

I think it is like that on purpose. In most smaller units one would find one or two extra of everything. \O

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Looks very nice, but as Lis says, pity there's no view. \O

Those glass doors without any stickers are a real hazard. 0*\ Thank goodness for Kingdom! ^Q^

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Quite an entertaining episode.. aircon not working when kitchen light is on lol
Prinsadam walking into the sliding door lol (happened to me once as well so I'm allowed to laugh about the mishap :twisted: )
Momprins being ill lol (happened to me more than once im my life, so again: I'm allowed to laugh ^0^ )

But generally you guys are a lazy lot using all kind of excuses to go on drives lol lol lol

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:yes:

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Love that cloudy Olifants view, Richprins ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

and Kingdom sounds like the one to call \O \O \O

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”