Aat&Elly Trip Oct/Nov 2017

aat

Aat&Elly Trip Oct/Nov 2017

Post by aat »

Hi all,

Just back from our trip to Kruger.

About the weather =O: =O: Arriving with 37C at Letaba , next day to Punda Maria with 16C and rain. Leaving November 15th from Mopani with 44C, near Phalaborwa just 22C with some rain and thunder/lightning. Yes we are still alive... \O

In general: Great trip with nice sightings but seen less than previous trips... Think we were "too" Lucky before. This time it was green... last year dry everywhere. Punda region was very very green and beautiful. Other regions we were (Letaba / Mopani and Satara) were much more green then last year, but parts near Mopani still dry.

We planned to stay 7 nights in Satara but we left 2 days earlier ... reasons: or No water, No electricity and almost all dirt roads were too bad to drive. S90, S41, S36 etc etc... were horrible !! 0*\

We also have seen the results of the problems with the restaurants in Satara, Olifants and Letaba.... many people were very happy with the situation O** O** O** ... very well organized and a good image-building for many visitors.

About Letaba Museum: This happened: Elly and I were looking around. We saw two "presentations" of the current tuskers. I checked it out and saw Mculu and Masthulele still among them. I told the two representatives (near the desk) that Sanparks has said these two have died. Answer: Ok, take them down if you like.... ????????? What to say... :-? :-? I will skip the other comments about the so called current tuskers... except this : You cannot see/find any of the "new named" ones 0*\ 0*\ You can imagine I was very impressed =O: =O:

I think we have seen 1.000.000 elephants... lol lol The African Wild Dog tradion is still valid... :-) lol and yes... several tuskers... \O

In the Punda Maria region we met a "crazy" austrich (female). She was in the middle of the road making a show... you have to stop.... then se came to the car and "knocked" on the windows....

Much more to tell and show... so will write some stories later on.

Back in the Netherlands , cold / grey sky but happy to see our two beautiful cats (Duke & Fleur) again.

See you later....

Aat and Elly

My Tuskers of Africa site with all named Tuskers of Kruger
https://www.tuskersofafrica.com
Please use this revised link to get to my website for Tuskers and Wildlife Photography. It's now a secured site
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Aat&Elly Trip Oct/Nov 2017

Post by Richprins »

Well done, aat and Elly! ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Ja, sorry about the service...that's why we keep on fighting, you know! :twisted:

Glad Punda is better, it was terrible last year! :no:

Better to have a few cool days than constant 40degrees! ^0^

What was the electricity problem at Satara? -O-

0()

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Welcome back Aat. 0/*

I've always said that the best sightings in Kruger are when the park looks its worst. :yes:

okie

Post by okie »

Welcome back aat 0/*
We are leaving for KNP on Wednesday and hope to take over your " luck " lol

Enough is enough
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Welcome back, Aat & Elly 0/*

Sounds like another interesting trip :-)

You went a month early this time?

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
aat

Post by aat »

No electricity at all.... 1 PM I asked about the situation... answer: "we don't know yet what's causing the problem" (after 12 hours no electricity) , si I asked them to change our booking....
Richprins wrote:Well done, aat and Elly! ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

0()

Please use this revised link to get to my website for Tuskers and Wildlife Photography. It's now a secured site
aat

Post by aat »

I think you are right :-) :-) and sometimes you have a bit more luck then other times... lol

Flutterby wrote:Welcome back Aat. 0/*

I've always said that the best sightings in Kruger are when the park looks its worst. :yes:

aat

Post by aat »

Hi Okie,

Have a good trip with lots of tuskers.... X#X X#X

okie wrote:Welcome back aat 0/*
We are leaving for KNP on Wednesday and hope to take over your " luck " lol

okie

Post by okie »

aat wrote:No electricity at all.... 1 PM I asked about the situation... answer: "we don't know yet what's causing the problem" (after 12 hours no electricity) , si I asked them to change our booking....
Richprins wrote:Well done, aat and Elly! ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

0()

Hmmm... sounds like that time when there was no electricity at Shing and you then moved to Mopani lol

Enough is enough
nan

Post by nan »

oups missed this one too... as I was far away 0*\

but still waiting :-?

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”