And then the rain set in or at dusk the bush comes alive

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: And then the rain set in or at dusk the bush comes alive

Post by Richprins »

All fine for me? -O-

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I'll wait and see :-)

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Fine for me too. \O

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Lisbeth wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:28 pm Quite a nice big group of lions \O
I wanted to pay a visit at the craft shop at the entrance gate and I even made a find there.
What did you find? ;-)
A yellow billed hornbill made out of wood - A very good work \O

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Richprins wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:13 pm Very nice, Pumbaa! Unusual to have the whole family on top of each other like that! lol
We also had a good laugh about lying stacked like that as on top it was already extreme hot \O

PuMbAa

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Flutterby wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:03 am A nice lion sighting! \O
We definitely could not complain about our lion sightings this year :ty:

PuMbAa

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

ExFmem wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:44 pm 0/* Was gone the whole month of May, so had to go back to pg. 10 to continue where I left off. Was certainly well worth it! ^Q^

The ellie, rhino, buffs in the mud wallow pics are great, wild dogs - always so special, and your incredible number of bird species is awesome. My favorites include the trumpeter hornbill (have only seen 1 :-( ), the waxbills are adorable, paradise whydah O:V , guinea fowl chicks, and the black coucal. ^Q^

You also had some serious lion sightings - well done! 0() 0() 0()
Thanks for catching up X#X A bird which I wanted to see at least once in my life is still coming up later in that report but the different birds we saw this year were incredible O\/

PuMbAa

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Sorry for letting you wait so long for the next episode but we had some problems with photoshop which looked are being solved meanwhile and the prevailing heat here in North Europe made us crazy and on top we will be going coming Saturday on our summer Holidays for two week to Denmark with hopefully cooler weather as the Baltic Sea is presently having already 25 degrees (like a bathtube) Normal would be 18 degrees during that time of the year so I am sure that after our return on 25.08.18 you will get again 2 installments per week :yes: 0/*

PuMbAa

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Meanwhile it was already 10.00 o’clock and already hot but we nevertheless had to drive via the S28 for the very last time although we expected not to see that much but at least we stopped for another black shouldered kite

and had to capture a couple of impressions from that road.

Another nice sighting was then again a beautifully posing steppe buzzard who was enjoying the shade of a tree

and allowed us to photograph same quite extensively.

What an amazing and beautiful raptor!

Then for a long time it was a totally quiet ride on the S28 and only nearly at the end we spotted an ostrich family with some older chicks

which is also a sighting we do not see often when in the park as either the chicks are hidden by the high grass or they do hide away from us – The only disadvantage was that it was meanwhile again extreme hot and the air was already flickering.

We stopped for a couple of carmine bee eaters out of which we picked one who was eying us and later also the bees or insects which flew by

and Timon could not stop in taking pictures as we had such a fun in capturing the bee eater with all the different posses

without even move its body and only in turning the head and same obviously thought the bee will land right into its bill.

We could watch this behaviour quite several times and so we supposed that the bee eater was already filled. Nevertheless it was such a fun to observe this colourful bird.

PuMbAa

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

For sure we paid a final visit at Duke’s and found a sandpiper and a three banded plover there and for sure photographed the knob billed duck ladies

who obviously had a get together

as there were so many of them around and we had a great time in taking close up shots.

We spotted a martial eagle, however, a bit too far away and came across a lot of bathing elephants which was indeed no wonder

as it was a hot day – Needless to say that all the elephants had their fun in taking a bath and also here we stayed quite a while as it is always a pleasure to watch bathing elephants.

We stopped again on the Lower Sabie causeway, paid a final visit at the camp itself and then it was already time to also say good bye to Sunset dam and we today had great fun in observing a grey heron on its private movable island

and to photograph one of the uncountable crocodiles

and for sure watching the grey heron floating by and after a long time we spend here

we made our way back to camp and that drive was indeed extreme quiet as we only spotted a couple of warthogs

and a kori bustard until we returned to Biyamiti and took a long break from driving and simply enjoyed the remaining time we were allowed to stay in this magnificent camp.

So we were only in the mood for a short afternoon drive which leaded us once again into the direction of the Biyamiti causeway during our drive we came across a woodland kingfisher

and waterbucks.

For sure we checked out whether the lion was still there but obviously he had chosen another spot or stayed out of sight as we did not notice him but his kill was still there. We turned around as we wanted to drive a bit into the other direction of the S25 but we still had to observe the many white fronted bee eaters nesting in holes in the wall of the river bed before and

needless to say that the noise level was extreme high there.

to be continued....

PuMbAa

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”