They Can't All Be Gems...

ExFmem

Re: They Can't All Be Gems...

Post by ExFmem »

You diehards are such troopers ^Q^ ^Q^ :ty:

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Trouble sleeping? Life long Insomniac? Brain just won't shut off at night (a question for females only 0- 0- )???

Well, you've come to the right place! Just peruse this entry of our stay in the Skukuza area and try not to knock your beer or wine over when your head hits the computer. X#X

Bateleur (how many photos of an animal/bird/plant "doing nothing" does one need? Obviously I haven't come to a conclusion yet…)

Common Duiker - see above comment

Impalas - YAY! they're not impersonating (inanimalating?) a statue!!!

Rhinos - I'm so bored myself, I'm even labeling the obvious.

(How many of you actually thought this was an elephant? -O- Only those who are already brain dead 0- , so you probably don't have trouble sleeping. This entry is not for you. :no: )

White Headed Stork - I would probably have more interest in birds if their names showed more vivid imagination, though I do tip my hat to the Loons, Boobys, Sapsuckers, and Tits. ^Q^ ^Q^

ZZZZZZzzzzzzz 'night 'night

harrys

Post by harrys »

Some beautiful photos here ^Q^ ^Q^

Marakele day trips

KNP: May be one day again??
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

I should have read this 5 hours ago when I couldn't sleep!! lol ^0^

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Very nice pics, Ex. One can dissect even the simplest-looking pic, you know? ;-)

The duiker is a difficult shot! \O :yes:

:ty: 0()

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I got you! It's a woolly-headed stork lol

If you make it so funny, how am I supposed to fall asleep -O-

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

I'm tired now…

=O: =O: =O:

Thanks for the great entertainment once again, Ex O\/

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Lisbeth wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:49 am I got you! It's a woolly-headed stork lol

If you make it so funny, how am I supposed to fall asleep -O-

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^
0*\ :o0ps: My note read "W-headed Stork", so I was the one lacking imagination 0- 0- Thanks for catching that. 0/0

Also, my continued appreciation for your comments - 0/* Harrys :ty:

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Some Not-So-Picky-Eaters

Angry human parents: "Keep it up and you'll end up being a funny smell in the basement".

Angry hyena parents: "Keep it up and you'll end up being a funny smell in the den AND my next meal".

Humans… because foods are mass harvested, factory processed, and then, packaged the USA's FDA (Food and Drug Admin.) allows food companies to include a certain number of “defects” in the final products. “Defects” is code for the inclusion of “foreign matter” in canned and packaged foods, including insects, insect parts, rodent hairs, larvae, rodent poop, mammal poop, bone material, mold, rust, and cigarette butts. These “defects” are not dangerous in the quantities theyʼve allowed. I suppose other countries regulate products for human consumption also. (?)

Hyenas... Nothing is too gross for we connoisseurs of corpses and carcasses. We have NO rules and never discriminate against ANY of our fellow earthlings, insects, critter hair, maggots, larvae, poop in any form, bone fragments, mold, old tires, chihuahuas, anything with flesh-eating diseases, or those that scream Chika-Chika Boom-Boom. We refer to these as "seasoning".

Wussy humans? If a rat squats on your wiener, you'll call in sick the whole week.

I suspect this is God's revenge on hyenas, :yes: after spending many hours at the Build-a-Bear store trying to make a teddy bear. :-?

Vultures are obviously hyenas reincarnated (that is, if the vulture didn't swoop down immediately after the hyena's demise), so don't ever play dead with hyenas or vultures, as that is exactly what they are waiting for. \O

Lastly - (HEY! why all the background clapping??? -O- )

Little Bee-eater - if it was hungry enough, wouldn't it also eat Big bees? :-?

Okay, my entries are becoming as lame as my sightings, :yes: so I'll get you out of your misery with my last post…..

(HEY! why all the background clapping???)

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Leopards - will end this snoozer with a lovely sighting, even though it was "just walking down the road", yet again.

In all sincerity, EVERY day spent in SA's National Parks is inherently special, regardless of sightings or lack thereof. The peacefulness and disconnection from our too often over-busy life is a breath of fresh air, and that alone, is the real reason we continue to return year after year.

Thank you, South Africa 0/0

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”