Sightings WOW, photos not so... (Oct 2018)

Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Sightings WOW, photos not so... (Oct 2018)

Post by Mel »

:yes: lol

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Fantastic brownie running shots, Mel,

and love the Kudus and wildebeests and for sure lions as well - You had indeed a stunning time there X#X

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

What a busy night! :shock: Great shots Mel! \O

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

0/* Mel - just got back from a month long stint in the KTP, and am SO looking forward to reading through all your entries, especially what you found in the Grootkolk area where we only spent 2 days. Sounds like a wonderful stay from your title ^Q^ ^Q^ ....

Gotta go - lots of catching up to do 0() 0()

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Hey Sis 0/* That's where you have been hiding 0' I want to hear and see your trip too O\/ O\/

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Pumbaa wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:21 pm Fantastic brownie running shots, Mel,

and love the Kudus and wildebeests and for sure lions as well - You had indeed a stunning time there X#X

Thanks, Pumbaa O0

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Flutterby wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:59 am What a busy night! :shock: Great shots Mel! \O
Ja, Flutts, must have been one of the busiest nights ever. But we were so knackered by midday that we almost missed a lioness at noon lol

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

ExFmem wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:41 pm 0/* Mel - just got back from a month long stint in the KTP, and am SO looking forward to reading through all your entries, especially what you found in the Grootkolk area where we only spent 2 days. Sounds like a wonderful stay from your title ^Q^ ^Q^ ....

Gotta go - lots of catching up to do 0() 0()
Ja, we thought we had seen you - or rather hubby one morning. \O

But a whole month, that's somewhat indecent :-0 :-0 :-0 You must tell me how you organized the food and drinks department, please X#X

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Didn't you get a bit bored, ExF O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

The day still hadn't been done yet… After an extremely quiet day, we couldn't believe that there was nothing to come to the waterhole anymore. But apart from the barn owls screeching and giving quick appearances, it was eerily inactive at the waterhole. :no: Isaak must have felt it because he cut of the floodlight even 10 minutes earlier than the usual 10 pm curfew (which is way too early for my liking as well). With no moon, there was no point in lingering much longer. The SO had called it a day earlier already - the busy night before having taken its toll. I packed up our chairs, torches and cameras for the night and went back to the "garden" fence for one last sweep with the torch. And I couldn't believe what I caught there :shock:

LEOPARD!!!

I quickly moved into the hut to reanimate the SO and with his torch and the light shone by unit one, we found that there wasn't only on, but TWO of them.

O\/ O\/ O\/

Meet Rosa:
DSC_2366 Rosa I00001.jpg
DSC_2377 Rosa I think_00001.jpg
And Kay:
DSC_2379 Kai_00007.jpg
DSC_2399_00008.jpg
Would be nice of Rosa if she showed me her cubs in April lol lol lol

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”