Table for One - my first solo safari

ExFmem

Re: Table for One - my first solo safari

Post by ExFmem »

Sis, Dewi (Scooby-doo? 0- ), nan, Mel, Flutts, RP, and Pumbaa - your comments are always nice to read, so thanks for taking your time to do so. O0

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

On the way back to camp after spending time w/ Segosi, I encountered a honey badger, and later, a caracal walking down the road. Unfortunately they both shot off into the bush before I could get a single shot. O/

I spent the afternoon photographing a couple insects (surprise!) around camp.

Fruit Fly ( -O- )

Fruit Fly Snack

Sand Wasp

Wasp

My last day there was chilly (11 C at 8:30A), so the animals need for water was not great. Spent the morning at Lijersdraai waterhole, but was very quiet.

A mole snake on the way back was the only thing different than the usual, (though still fun to see!) animals.

Back at camp I photographed some birds. Some jealousy and the "cold shoulder" were apparent…

"I think my mate is ogling HIM…"

Male: "Hey! This isn't the only perch around, you know. Scram!"

Female: "Sweety, I swear I didn't even notice that dark piercing come-hither look in his eyes, those full luscious rosy lips, his dapper attire, or his REALLY huge appendage."

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

On the trip back to Nossob there was a lioness south of Kousant, then about 1/2 km further 2 males and another lioness. Not active, so no pics. I spent some time at Kousant, but the only things there were some Burchell's Sandgrouses

and a juv. Lanner Falcon

At Cubitje Quap , a bathing beauty -

As I said before, Nossob was not a camp where I liked spending time, :no: very noisy, more like a refugee camp with too many crammed into too small a place. During my 3 days there I had a LOT of time on my hands inside the chalet to contemplate one of the perplexing issues I notice in SA. :-?

Why is South African toilet paper so thin? -O- The wind force of a butterfly's wings will rip right thru it, while Madagascan toilet paper can deflect small arms fire. South American toilet paper is made from the same material that the USA uses for roofing, (which is probably why they tend to remain standing throughout entire soccer matches.) A roll of toilet paper this thin should come with complimentary disposable gloves. I know, it's a bad visual, :o0ps: but sometimes the truth is not pretty.

SA toilet paper is so thin, I couldn't even partake of one of my favorite pastimes - Toilet Paper Origami. It's a wonderful way to bide your time in the loo, and will entertain and amuse the person who uses it next. If you are going to sit for a long time, why not fold an origami dung beetle? O**

Someone needs to get to the bottom of this. I suppose the fact that you have to use 4 - 5 times the "normal" amount to get the job done is a marketing tool, as it increases sales dramatically, but this is a niche to be filled for all you entrepreneurs out there. ..0.. You could get creative and custom print it with an image of the customer's choosing (your Ex, boss, Mother-in-Law), or educational with animal scat prints. Heavy Doody toilet paper - an idea long overdue in South Africa. 0=

nan

Post by nan »

you missed (the pictures) Caracal and Honey Badger 0*\
but some nice insects... even feroce insects like Honey Badger ;-)
love the snake... juv Mole... never saw, nice designs O\/

love too Sandgrouses and the melodious song O/\
and a Falcon was not so far.... :shock: O-/

about the paper, you are so right, we need a km of it =O:
..0.. always I buy some rollers in the city O**

once, the roller of paper was almost all on the floor from WC to bedroom O-/
I asked Jacques (it was at Urikaruus) what/who use paper while I was not here :-? spid... snake... bats or what else O-/
he searched everywhere, under the beds, that I can't do :o0ps: , found nothing... it was certainly the wind =O: =O: =O: thin paper :twisted:

one again thank you for sharing your marvelous travel, so nicely writing 0/0
^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Fantastic pics of the lanner falcon ^Q^ ^Q^

Lovely birdies \O

One of the sandgrouses has layed eggs :yes: lol

There must have been yellow painting in the water -O- Now how is the weaver going to get rid of that :-?

Don't even mention the SA toilette paper 0*\ Only once have I managed to find 3-ply paper (here we use 5-ply) and you cannot take it with you from home O/ ..0.. an extra suitcase =O:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Really love all your birdies, ExFmem,

and the insects - You managed to got some more than stunning shots \O

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

=O: =O: =O: =O: =O: Ex! :twisted:

The long-tail probably poses for all birds in that mood! lol

The insects may sometimes be new, have you got hold of Prof. Braack yet? -O-

I disagree about the toilet paper...we do have double ply, which costs more... O**

Just use more single ply?

If SP put DP in the facilities tourists will swipe it! :yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

on- ply, two-ply 0- 0- five ply is the civilized number \O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

We don't have that? 0:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
nan

Post by nan »

what you ahve... newspaper 0*\

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”