18 nights of Solitude at Rooiputs

Peter Betts

18 nights of Solitude at Rooiputs

Post by Peter Betts »

We are counting the months to next April when we visit Rooiputs again but here are a some of the experiences we had with our wild neighbours . Unlike my recent stay at Tsendze where I had to drive for 36 kms to get to Grootvlei Dam early in the morning ..Here I just free wheeled down the hill 500 metres to the Rooiputs waterhole and parked and had guys like this to myself for at least 45 minutes before traffic arrived from Twee Rivieren . This guy deserves a click to appreciate his true beauty..He sometimes walked past our tent trailer in the middle of the night as Rooiputs unlike Tsendze is not fenced
Redone Portrait Lion.jpg

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: 18 nights of Solitude at Rooiputs

Post by Richprins »

Starting the report early, hey Peter/ lol

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Richprins wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:38 pm Starting the report early, hey Peter/ lol
Have to get motivated to save the R12 000 Petrol Money ..Accomodation will be Pula 140 per night for 2 x 10 nights = 1 400 Pula = about R 1 800 ..Fuel is a JOKE

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Campsite 3 Rooiputs is our favorite camp on the African Continent and it has the least facilities of the all the camps we stay in ..No staff , No Fences , only 6 very remote from each other camp sites (Tsendze by comparison has a fence , Kitchens and ablution blocks and Camp Freezers and 31 cramped campsites) ...You also have to bring your own electricity generating set up ..Ours is standing next to the trailer in the Pic..If you don't bring loo paper too for the Long Drop then some spiky Kalahari grass will have to do =O: =O: lol lol Love that big thunderstorm brewing ..It rained heavily further East of us eventually . We also love the well cared for house cats that hang around the area ..2 local Felines cresting the dune 500 m from our tent at Sunrise ..Click on pics and you literally smell that red sand
Last edited by Peter Betts on Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The Rand is too weak unfortunately and the petrol gets far too expensive for you in SA, if related to your cost of living 0- I am sure that the % of the tax is the same, meaning that the government is earning more O** They could at least cut a couple of percentage points ( =O: )

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Peter when you upload pics, remember to click on " Place in line".

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Lisbeth wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:37 pm Peter when you upload pics, remember to click on " Place in line".
..Bad day at the office I am having

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Rooiputs certainly is cat lover's heaven! Wonderful shots of the them. \O

When you bring your own toilet paper, you can at least make sure that you don't have to use that transparent stuff
SanParks issues in the camps and at the picnic spots =O:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Dindingwe

Post by Dindingwe »

18 days, that's a lot ! Look forward to seeing the picture !
The first one is beautiful \O

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Brilliant lion shots, Peter :-0 O/\ :ty:

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”