Essential Camping Equipment

Information & Discussions on Camping
Alf

Re: Essential Camping Equipment

Post by Alf »

Peter Betts wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:08 am
Alf wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:58 am
Peter Betts wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:34 pm we have 2 x National Luna ..They have the best energy consumption and THICK insulation ..1 x 75 litres Freezer and a 90 litre Fridge/Freezer combo..The smaller one can make a slup Chicken Rock hard in an hour
Thanks Peter but they are very expensive :O^
True ..our 90 Litre cost nearly R 14 K without the now bought Camp Cover..but we tend to camp wild often..away from help so reliability and efficiency are key
And with this you have solar panels and the rest of those power equipment too -O-

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

What is a "slup Chicken Rock"? O-/

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

:ty: for asking O** I thought that I was the only ignorant lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

A Slup Chicken is an unfrozen floppy Chicken lol

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

lol

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

lol \O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
kylie26

Post by kylie26 »

Hello Alf,

Sorry about that which I will talk to you. If you are in camp the first thing which is in your mind is food & water & you said there are two chairs & whatever it is. So you want some big freezer to fill with full of cool drinks in the forest. You want that much facility. Please tell.
Thanks...

Torrance ca map
Last edited by kylie26 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alf

Post by Alf »

kylie26 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:28 am Hello Alf,

Sorry about that which I will talk to you. If you are in camp the first thing which is in your mind is food & water & you said there are two chairs & whatever it is. So you want some big freezer to fill with full of cool drinks in the forest. You want that much facility. Please tell.
Thanks...
If i go camping in Kruger during December it would possibly for about 3 weeks. At this stage I’m gathering information on what equipment works and if i can store 3 weeks of frozen meat or need to do a day trip outside the park to restock.

When up north a day trip outside the park isn’t that easy so one needs the correct equipment (which i find is very expensive)

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Alf wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:59 am
kylie26 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:28 am Hello Alf,

Thanks...
If i go camping in Kruger during December it would possibly for about 3 weeks. At this stage I’m gathering information on what equipment works and if i can store 3 weeks of frozen meat or need to do a day trip outside the park to restock.

When up north a day trip outside the park isn’t that easy so one needs the correct equipment (which i find is very expensive)
..We do game drive trips once a week to Phalaborwa town when staying in the North at Shingwedzi, Tsendze , Letaba or Balule to restock ..We are back latest 2pm ..At Punda we go to Super Spar at Thoyandou ..thats a bit of a schlepp but Phalaborwa makes it very easy when in the North ..We put our cold stuff in a nice cooler that works from the Cig lighter in the Bakkie and once back in camp into our Nat Luna 90 litre Fridge/freezer

Return to “Camping”