Getting our Ellie Fix (March 2016)

PJL

Re: Getting our Ellie Fix (March 2016)

Post by PJL »

Great photos of the piggies Mel ^Q^ ^Q^
Yes they do get a bit repetitive quickly.... so much so that sometimes their numbers are trimmed --00--

Fantastic that you got to see the cheetah on your visit. They seem to have a strange relationship with warthog who like to come and investigate them and then take turns chasing each other =O: =O:

0()

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Lisbeth wrote:You found the famous clandestine cheetahs O\/ O\/ ^Q^ ^Q^
Totally chuffed with that! But we had a Little help in that from PJL lol

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Richprins wrote: ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ Mello!

You know warthog sometimes eat a bit off a carcass? :twisted:
:yes: I assumed that was the reason they approached the kill \O

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

nan wrote:and Cheetahs sighting O/\ O/\ O/\

well done ^Q^
like the Phacochere too ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^
Thanks, nan O0

Phacochere... is warthog? :-?

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Dewi wrote:Aha! I knew you had a TT on the go somewhere Mel, it's taken until now for me to find it again. O/\

:o0ps: :o0ps: I know, I know. I should have asked for directions. ;-) lol

Stunning bird pics from where I last left you here. Love the BS Kite & the crows/jackal buzzard interaction sequences.

Some great ellie shots. Lot's of lions and really nice cheetahs, but the young jackal pics take the biscuit. Fabulous photos. O/\ ^Q^ \O
Use "unread Posts" when you have already answered, or "active Topics" when not =O: =O: =O:

Do you see any difference in the photos compared to previous travel tales? O**

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

ExFmem wrote:Love the "Jumpin' Jack(al) Flash", the impressive ellies and their 'lil ones, and even all the different stages of warthogs, ^Q^ , but the cheetahs....sigh...beautiful sighting. ^Q^ ^Q^
I certainly had better Quality cheetah sightings in the Kgalagadi, but seeing the only three inhabitants of this species in Addo was quite something. O\/

Thanks, ExFmem O0

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

PJL wrote:Great photos of the piggies Mel ^Q^ ^Q^
Yes they do get a bit repetitive quickly.... so much so that sometimes their numbers are trimmed --00--

Fantastic that you got to see the cheetah on your visit. They seem to have a strange relationship with warthog who like to come and investigate them and then take turns chasing each other =O: =O:

0()
Well, I guess they have to cull the warthog Population otherwise there would be too much damage from them (which they probably cause anyways...)

The warthogs are probably lucky that the cheetahs don't have the same taste for them than the lions do :twisted: lol

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Mel wrote: Use "unread Posts" when you have already answered, or "active Topics" when not =O: =O: =O:
O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Ellie time again! I kept my two favourite sightings for the end: One was at Fourways Waterhole and the other at Harpoor. And I'm still in awe how easily you can watch these giants at Addo. They are just so placid and docile that one never fears to be attacked by them, even with the breeding herds. Of course, I know that there is no guarantee but it feels different being caught with ellies around you in Addo compared to Kruger. :-)

So, first up the small group at Fourways.

Enjoying the mud bath lol

To my delight they had another youngster among them who I as desperately trying to get a nice shot of:

Too cute 0/0

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

At Harpoor there was a huuuge congregation of ellies... they were just everywhere at and in the vicinity of the waterhole. O\/
Again, that was before the rains O**

Taking up the scent

And the same from the other side

Going on with their business

Whatever that business was for the individual :twisted:

Return to “Travel Tales of Addo Elephant National Park”