An Accidental Addo TT

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: An Accidental Addo TT

Post by Richprins »

Those rabbits give me the creeps, to be honest. Dead eyes... O-/

But what glorious lion specimens! ^Q^ ^Q^

Lucky, Peej! X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Awesome scrub hare, mongoose and battie shots, PJL :-0

plus black shouldered kite and even lions - What a great variety of different animals you saw \O \O \O

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

I'm more than astonished about the fact of how mature Mel Gibson have become by now!
Honestly, it's like with kids… one day they are small and cute and the next they are full grown adults.
Also, Gibson's got quite some scars to show off O**

The hare shots are brilliant!!! O/\

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Lovely Addo Lions ..Pete was this south of the Addo rough road old s Boundary ??

PJL

Post by PJL »

Flutterby wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:41 pm So lucky to see so many hares! ^Q^

And what a great lion sighting...a real treat!! \O \O
That lion sighting was such a treat Flutts - they were hiding away from most visitors over the few days we were there :O^
Lisbeth wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:42 pm I love your hares O/\

Methinks that Melvin hides behind Gibson if there is a fight in sight O** lol
I would have to agree with you Lis... Melvin must look after his good looks and rather let Gibson do the proper lion stuff =O:
Richprins wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:49 pm Those rabbits give me the creeps, to be honest. Dead eyes... O-/

But what glorious lion specimens! ^Q^ ^Q^

Lucky, Peej! X#X
Very lucky indeed RP, and the luck is set to continue O** O**
Dead eyes :-? lol
Pumbaa wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:38 pm Awesome scrub hare, mongoose and battie shots, PJL :-0

plus black shouldered kite and even lions - What a great variety of different animals you saw \O \O \O
Thanks Pumbaa \O
It was a really good array of animals this particular day, including some that are not seen so often O\/
Mel wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:39 pm I'm more than astonished about the fact of how mature Mel Gibson have become by now!
Honestly, it's like with kids… one day they are small and cute and the next they are full grown adults.
Also, Gibson's got quite some scars to show off O**

The hare shots are brilliant!!! O/\
Thanks Mel X#X
Yep those kitties are all grown up now :-0
Peter Betts wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:31 pm Lovely Addo Lions ..Pete was this south of the Addo rough road old s Boundary ??
0/* Peter
They were actually to the north of Wayne's Valley - on the other side of the hill if travelling north before you get to the bus turning circle \O

PJL

Post by PJL »

I have often wondered how the male lions in Addo manage to keep their manes in check. All it takes is one roll around in the garden and our dog ends up with matted fur 0*\ 0*\

But I think I may have solved the mystery... combing using bushes =O: =O:

Something we had noticed when Melvin and Gibson were visible is that they were spending a good amount of time looking for something. Gibson in particular was picking up scents in various places :yes:

Melvin wasn't so bothered about the scents... he seemed to know which way to head already

Once the boys had flopped down half way up a hill we continued south and kept our eyes open... presumably other lions had been in the area recently. Sure enough at the top of the hill Duffy was lying down very camouflaged O/\ O/\

She was situated in a very dense area of bush, so it was really difficult to get pics until we found a small gap that allowed a closer view O:V

We wondered if the boys would continue up to her, but they seemed to have completely disappeared. Duffy soon got up herself and walked off into the bushes to our right. We drove up and down to try and get a glimpse of where she might be going, but then she popped back out in the same place along with her sister Dawn, but both very quickly walked off well away from the road and out of sight

We were all really on a high after 2 great lion sightings in succession and without looking at the time continued south with a plan to do Ngulube Loop before heading back up north to camp.... it was to turn into a very long mornings drive, but there was still plenty to see. At the crossroads by Lismore waterhole there were some buffalo eyeing us out :-)

Along the southern access road we found a small army of Milkweed Locusts. They literally moved like an army marching together every so often :shock:

Ngulube Loop was relatively quiet, but we were rewarded with a very nice sighting of a bushbuck ram, whilst some elephant bulls kept us entertained at the main waterhole

TBC

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Marvelous! X#X

The buffalo looks a bit skinny, Peej? O-/

I like the locusts...maybe they are still "hoppers"? -O-

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Melvin does not have to sniff, he will just follow Gibson O**

Nice army of Locusts ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Melvin and Gibson are really good-looking boys...and as you say...so well groomed!! :yes: \O

Interesting pic of the locusts! :shock:

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Did Duffy get some jewellery for Christmas? Aka a collar?

The locust shot is very special! Are they poisonous? Their colour at least suggests that they might be O**

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

Return to “Travel Tales of Addo Elephant National Park”