Needs Attention: Other Wildlife Reserves throughout SA

Issues that need to be brought to the attention of Parks' Managements
Richprins
Committee Member

Needs Attention: Other Wildlife Reserves throughout SA

Post by Richprins »

Post all Problematic Issues regarding Accommodation, Maintenance and Service in SA Wildlife Reserves outside Sanparks' jurisdiction here.

Send email address/contact number to me via PM please!

Please include relevant dates and times!

I will forward to the relevant authorities or those members with more experience of other Reserves.

An important adjunct is for viewers to report back regarding progress re. these deficiencies.

For example, being a local I could request to stay at a specific accommodation unit on my next trip and check, or go and check whatever on my next rambling trip.

Photographs are very important, but not the end of the world!

This thread excludes Sanparks, but includes any "Natural Asset", such as all those mentioned on other threads on the forums.

IT MUST BE STRESSED THAT THIS IS IN NO WAY AN ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE RELEVANT CHANNELS OF COMPLAINT ALREADY IN PLACE OFFICIALLY!

Rather, it is intended to assist and complement said channels, and provide feedback.

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Bushcraft

Re: Needs Attention: Other Wildlife Reserves throughout SA

Post by Bushcraft »

Bhejane hide in March 2012

Bhejane hide in June 2012

We also visited in August 2012, but unfortunately I never took pics, although it was evident that the pump was no longer working as the “dam” level had dropped significantly since June 2012. The sighting book in the hide also had numerous entries asking for the pump to be repaired

Bhejane hide in June 2013

Based on the above pic obviously the pump still hasn’t been repaired. There may be reasons for this, but without water there’s no reason for a hide and we met many visitors who stated that they no longer bother even checking the hide out due to this fact

Please advise as to the reason why the pump hasn’t been repaired

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Eish, BC! This is going to be tough!

A shocking homepage, IMO?

http://www.kznwildlife.com/index.php/ez ... ntact.html

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote:Eish, BC! This is going to be tough!

A shocking homepage, IMO?

http://www.kznwildlife.com/index.php/ez ... ntact.html
Yip, been down that road =O: =O: \O

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Here's an idea! YOU do the KZN reserves! :-)

^0^

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote:Here's an idea! YOU do the KZN reserves! :-)

^0^
No way, you put your hand up, not me, so don't pass the ball ^0^

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

I sent the mail about half an hour ago and already got this back :shock: Lets see -O-
Thank you for your valued feedback regarding Bhejani Hide in iMfolozi Game Reserve.

It is this feedback which will assist us to grow from strength to strength in our attempt to achieve service excellence.

The matter has been referred to the Resort Manager for attention.

Please await response.

Thank you for taking time to write and your continued loyalty and support.

Kind Regards,
Nolwazi Faku
Customer Relations Manager
Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

I have to say that I’m impressed with this positive prompt response :shock:
Dear "edit"

Your email dated 18 July 2013 following your visit at iMfolozi Game Reserve at Bhejane Hide has reference.

Thank you for taking your time to write to us and pointing out your areas of concern. I am pleased to report that most of the issues you raised are already in the process of being address. I like to assure you that we appreciate your constructive feedback and we are working timelessly to make sure it get resolve quickly.

We understand your concern regarding the issue of water levels at Bhejane hide. The hide is going to be close as from the 20th July 2013 for renovations and one of the repairs is to put the new pipe which will be connected from the Jojo tank. The water has not been pump by a pump to the pan but we were using solar system which has been damaged by elephants several times.

We have already dug the trench and the water pipe is going to be buried next to the boardwalk so that the elephant won't be able to dig it again. We understand that the pan help to draw the animals but after the solar was damaged our priority was to make sure that the water is enough for the toilets. On closing the hide we will replace the walls, install the pipe for the pan and paint the areas that needs attention. Our plan is to close the hide for 2-3 weeks until the renovations are finish.

We like to apologize for everything that did not meet your expectation and we also like to assure you that we will attend to all the areas that you have mentioned in your feedback.

We value your feed back and your continued relationship with this organization.

We are looking forward to your next visit Yours faithfully

Ms. Welile Mtshali
Hospitality Manager-iMfolozi
For CEO: EZEMVELO KZN WILDLIFE
Date: 18 July 2013

Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Impressive! \O

Another organisation that I can think of wouldn't even reply and then would deny ever receiving an email. O**

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Excellent, BC!!!! ^Q^ O/\ O\/ X#X

Maybe we should switch Parks Boards for a while! -O

Return to “Park Facilities: Needs Attention”