AW Technical Glitches

All the information you need to enjoy this forum. (FAQ's & How To's)
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: AW Technical Glitches

Post by Lisbeth »

Who knows -O- Maybe when he is alone and fed up with bubbles O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

This morning/afternoon there was at least 30 minutes, that the site did not load 0*\

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

0/* Lisbeth

Ok looks like someone was trying to hack in this afternoon around 13:00 the site ran out of memory as they tried to access files that don't exist very quickly from a number of differnt Ip's.Not sure this morning what caused that . :-?

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I wrote morning/afternoon, because I do not remember exactly when. Most likely the situation that you explained \O

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Hi Roger,

I received this email from leachy:
Almost every time that I try and submit a post or a reply I get redirected to the login page after hitting the "submit" button and all the stuff that I have put on the post has to be redone.

This is extremely frustrating and annoying.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I have answered that letter and you should receive it as it is addressed to SAGR.com

We have all ( The Committee )received it.

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Sorry Lis, only saw it after I posted here. :o0ps:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Dear members, lately we have had a lot of trouble with the hosting company and I am sure that you have noticed. Impossibility to log on, slow moments and error notifications.

Roger is handling this very well and is in continuo contact with the hosting company asking them to resolve whatever problems there might be. Hopefully we will soon be back to normal \O

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

RE: Server down
11/10/2017 - 12:31
Da:
Roger Fraser

Hi Rory

Thank you for the feedback .We appreciate that there are steps being taken to improve the hosting uptime however there does not seem to be any stability of the offering at the moment .What is the expected duration of these upgrades ,by when should we expect the system will return to a stable state ? Please could we also ,while this is in progress, request that I be notified by email when you restart this host as it immediately corrupts our MYSql database leaving connections open and tables locked and I have to know when I need to go into CPanel to restore /repair the database .

Regards
Roger Fraser

Re: Server down
11/10/2017 - 12:11
Da:
Rory Nasson

Hey Roger

The sysadmins are working quite a bit on the issue with the server.

We have major maintenance planned on this host where the server is hosted on and we applying changes to out test environment to ensure a solid fix for the connectivity issues.

We are also in the process of upgrading our backup systems also which will also help relieve any load on the servers.

Our sysadmin are working through the nights everyday to try and get this sorted as soon as possible.

Warm Regards
Rory
Gridhost Support - Senior
086 000 9584

On Wed, 11 Oct at 8:33 AM , Roger Fraser wrote:
Hi Zolani

No this response is not acceptable! The server was offline again for at least 35 Minutes last night between 6:38 to 7:40 and when it came back up I had to repair all the SQL errors caused by the server crashing .

This has been ongoing for 3 weeks with instability in the hosting server .Please urgently advise the cause of these issues as last time we had this Gridhost had a catastrophic failure and we lost data .I want to know what you are doing to keep our server up and not 12 hours later tell me the server is running again.Our server is accessed by users around the globe not 9-5 .Please escalate this to senior level support and provide me with detailed logs and action plans to keep our server running else we will have to escalate our response .

Regards
Roger Fraser

Sent: 11 October 2017 08:23 AM
To: roger fraser
Subject: Re: Server down

Dear Roger Fraser

Thank you for getting in contact with Grid host and hope you are doing well today.

Everything is active on my end, I can access cpanel and I can ping the server :

C:\Users\zolani>ping mail.sagr.co.za

Can you kindly check on your end please and let me know if you still don`t have access.

Sincerely,
Zolani

On Tue, 10 Oct at 7:09 PM , Roger Fraser wrote:
Hi,
Our website and cpanel are not responding at the moment please advise reason for the outage ?

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Start to read from the bottom ;-)

As you can see, Roger is working on it ^Q^ ^Q^

Return to “Africa Wild Forum Information”