Camping in South Africa

Information & Discussions on Camping
gloriosasuperba

Camping in South Africa

Post by gloriosasuperba »

Decided to post this under "Camping" as not a Travel Tale. Spent 8 weeks from October/November/December 2021 going from Western Cape to Kruger entering at Pafuri Gate, through the Park and back to WC through KZN and EC.We not longer put up the tent for one night stops, so guest houses were used, anyone wants recommendations PM me.

Two campsites under review: Dinokeng outside Pretoria. Campsite in question, pleasant, own ablutions, bit close to neighbours which is a downfall, we would never stay again if stay involves Friday to Sunday, huge party venue. We saw wildebeests, impala, giraffe, duiker, etc from the campsite, prolific birdlife but noise!

Nyalazi KZN borders Hluhluwe-Imfolozi, most site overlook said park. Small site, shared ablutions, quiet, spent most of time in the park, as Wildcard means no entrance fees, etc. Saw from the site, giraffe, zebra, buffalo, unmentionables, impala, sometimes elephants are seen. Could have spent a lot longer there.Owner lives on site and took us on walks, to look for chameleons and to identify and taste wild plants used as cooking herbs, etc.

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Camping in South Africa

Post by Richprins »

Interesting, Soma! \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I am too old for camping O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
fonzada1jcorunablog

Post by fonzada1jcorunablog »

My name is Fondaza and my age is 30 years. I want to organise a camp in South Africa. Your information will be helpful for me.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Welcome to the Forum \O

I am sorry, but I cannot help you, but maybe one of our members can -O-

Maybe you should contact one of the tourist organizations -O-

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Camping”