Browns in Kruger October 2016

Bushcraft

Re: Browns in Kruger October 2016

Post by Bushcraft »

steamtrainfan wrote:Wow!!!!!!!!!!! The B.C. Clan most amazing sightings continues.

What can I say that folk before have already said.
Lucky STF \O I'm reading your about your latest Pilanesberg trip and I think you guys are on a run ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

PJL wrote:Really great sightings! The sable are fantastic, then more leopard and to top it all a lion kill... surely can't get much better?
Thanks PJL \O It continues with up and downs, but my favourite becomes more consistent towards the end of the trip ;-)

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Flutterby wrote:Amazing sighting of the lion kill and I think the pics are great considering the thick bush! ^Q^ ^Q^

And then another leopard...your luck is just unbelievable!! :-0 0-
Shot for always popping in Flutts \O Ja, lucky sometimes as are we all ;-)

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Pumbaa wrote:WoW Bushcraft,

now in fact you hit the jackpot :-0 O\/ ^Q^
Thanks Pumbaa \O Yes, I have been looking for that lion kill for a while now, so to finally tick the box was great \O

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Lisbeth wrote::yes: It is not as if they did not know how lions get their food, but seeing it is different.
Definitely \O but it's just the circle of life and now they really understand it ;-)

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

\O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

3rd Talamati to Lower Sabie continued

Around halfway down the S30 we found the cheetah that Penny and Heksie had told us about, but it was parking off far from the road, so we snapped a few proof pics and continued on.

I was now getting rather tired and felt weird, so we had a debate at the H12 Bridge about whether to duck for Lower Sabie, but eventually decided to head up the H12 and onto the H1-2 where the dogs were around 2km from the intersection.

There weren’t as many cars as I thought there would be, but then we noticed that one car had gone off road; however we just thought it was one of those faulty visitors and took some pics of the few dogs we could see.

Suddenly the dogs took off running all over the place and I noticed a dart hanging out of the one dog’s butt. The “faulty visitor” was actually rangers who were darting dogs for distemper inoculations.

The rest of the wild dog pack took off in a westerly direction and disappeared, so I decided on a plot, turned and headed up to the northern H1-2/S83 intersection and then down the S83.

Around 1km down the S83 we found the pack parking off and only 1 other car had worked out the same plot, so it was peaceful. It was a rather large pack of around 21 dogs which was nice to see when one considers the issues there have been lately with distemper.

As per the norm in the south peace doesn’t last at this time of the day, so after around 15 minutes the crowd started to grow, therefore we ducked towards Lower Sabie via the H4-1.

Next up, besides the normal locals, was a lioness parking off and then a fat lion trying to absorb some sunshine which was starting to appear.

We were in 2 xEH3’s at Lower Sabie and the dormitory style accommodation isn’t my cup of tea, but now that they have been redone and a new ablution block built, it’s reasonable value for money when compared to other accommodation in Kruger.

It had been a long day and I was still feeling strange, so we decided once again to give the evening drive a miss and I started an early fire, the Cow missioned around camp for birds and the rats went for a swim which freaked me out as I still thought it was relatively cold, but kids seem to care less about temperatures than adults.

To be continued

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Nice black-headed oriole \O

You saw even a cheetah and doggies O:V

It must be quite a job to dart a pack of dogs one at a time :shock: and every time one is darted the others go somewhere else 0*\

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Okay, that drive got better and better and I guess after such thrilling sightings I would have stayed also in camp the afternoon :-0

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

What a fat lion! lol

Interesting doggie stuff...ja a big pack, but lots of this year's pups? \O

I thought there were no medical issues on this trip? =O:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”