Open Safari Vehicles in Kruger

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
Dzombo

Re: Open Safari Vehicles in Kruger

Post by Dzombo »

Richprins wrote:No! Tourists must report them! \O
So if an OSV has 161 on his vehicle he has been reported for 161 infringements????????
And they are happy to advertise that????? O-/

RobertT

Post by RobertT »

The number is the number of the vehicle when it is registered. So 161 would be 161st vehicle registered. If you report you can just report the number 161 and they will get the correct vehicle.

Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

RobertT wrote:The number is the number of the vehicle when it is registered. So 161 would be 161st vehicle registered. If you report you can just report the number 161 and they will get the correct vehicle.
Ah, ok. I get it now :o0ps:

Bananaboy

Post by Bananaboy »

I drove from Komati to Phabeni today and saw at least 6 vehicles with no decals an guides with no badges and....

okie

Post by okie »

Dzombo wrote:
So if an OSV has 161 on his vehicle he has been reported for 161 infringements????????

Hmmm.... maybe his score :O^ The number of transgressions he got away with -O- 0*\ 0*\

Enough is enough
Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

okie wrote:
Dzombo wrote:

Hmmm.... maybe his score :O^ The number of transgressions he got away with -O- 0*\ 0*\
That's what I thought --00--

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
leachy

Post by leachy »

:-) :-) :-) :-)

most of the vehicles that drove passed the

"film crew" vehicle contributed to the disruption...

O** O** O** O**

the future is not what it used to be
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Ja, I agree one can't wait forever...those lion were going nowhere? --00--

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

From facebook via groovy:

I am saddened by an incident that happened this morning in Kruger national Park between myself and some self drive visitors in their private vehicles...

I am posting this to explain the situation clearly before any other reports, post or comments are being made all over the social media groups...

I am a guide in Kruger, driving a Safari Vehicle...

This morning, on the H1-1 near Mathekenyane view point at a Lion sighting, there was a Lioness with 4 really young cubs, walking parallel to the road, coming closer to the road, and then moving away...They were trying to cross.

There were lots and lots of cars, Private Vehicles as well as Safari Vehicles...I get that everyone was excited because of this rare sight and wanted to take photos...

It was clear that the amount of vehicles there avoided her the opportunity to cross the road with her cubs...

Being stuck in the traffic jam for about 20mins I decided to leave the sighting. I went to the view point nearby for 10mins...After our stop, we went back to see if things had calmed down...

On arrival there were 5 cars, 4 private and 1 Safari Vehicle...situations still the same, she tries to cross but the cars keep moving with her, avoiding her to cross...

I understand people visiting don't all know how to read animal behaviour and how to anticipate their moves. So I went to the vehicle in the front, and explained to him she wants to cross and that we should give her space, he understood and said he will give her space...

I moved ahead, turned my vehicle sideways across the road, in case vehicles arrive, that they don't crowd the sighting again and just leave her some space to cross...At that time there were no other cars on my side. And I did this so that we could give the Lioness the chance to cross...

She came halfway across with 1 cub, the others were too scared to cross, and as she went back, the 1 cub ran with her...she struggled to get them all acorss...

During this time, a number of vehicles arrived on my side, parked right against my car, and obviously didn't understand why I am parked like this...

They immediately started pointing and shouting at me telling me I am selfish and blocking the road for all other users, and that I am doing this for the benefit of my guests, and at the cost of others around me...Even an honorary ranger told me that I am being selfish, and even after I explained my reason to him, he still gave me hassles, and I thought out of all people, he would understand my intention.

What they don't know was my intention for stopping like this. As ALL animals in Kruger has right of way...and I was merely trying to assist this lioness and her cubs to cross...

There were lots of photos taken of me by the public, and will probably be posted on these groups...

From my side, sorry for blocking anyone. But my intention was in benefit of the lioness and her cubs. Us as humans are invading their space with our vehicles, disturbing them in their natural environment...We have no right to choose ourselves above them...

Below are some photos from my camera, and I do have video footage available should this go further...

I just wanted to publically anounce this before it gets out of hand...

I hope that there is someone that understands my point...but once again...sorry for any inconvenience caused to other visitors...

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”