New EIA Malelane Lodge

General Information & Discussion on Hotels in Kruger
trailrunner

Re: New EIA Malelane Lodge

Post by trailrunner »

Toko I think that we need to register as an organisation with a representative from AW to present a synchronized, focused and singular voice.

If you know not of your past and know not of your present, you cannot predict your future and will be like a cabbage in a society.
Toko

Post by Toko »

No need for a united approach only, trailrunner. Imortant is in the first place to be registered.
It will take us a long time and big effort to do everything in the name of AW and have approval to speak on behalf of all members.
Important is now to register quickly as an individual.

This is very easy to do, just drop a mail to Dereck along the line:
Please formally register me as an Interested and Affected Party (IAP)
for the PROPOSED SAFARI LODGE NEAR MALELANE GATE, KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
DEA REFERENCE: 14/12/16/3/3/1/1280
so that I may receive further information and notifications during the EIA process.

Then you can also submit comments and questions. At a later stage we can then decide to submit comments on behalf of AW and also find a greenies to attend the open day.

Go ahead \O

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

I like that idea, TR, but I think we could also register individually on top of it. A strength in number kind of thing.

Would it make sense to draft something everyone could use for their registration? I know, I would find it hard to the same as I did with the KTP developments and would appreciate some helpful ideas.

Snap, Toko.

Didn't know it was that easy. :shock:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Toko

Post by Toko »

It is that easy, you can then submit comments at a later stage, but this is the first step \O

trailrunner

Post by trailrunner »

Sounds practical for now Toko. Fully agree that it would be difficult to speak for the entirety of AW but surely at some point that bridge must be crossed, otherwise we just remain an interesting forum on which to post interesting nature related threads.

I have just found with these things that if there is a united voice coming from the perspective of an organization or community, they are generally given a more serious hearing. There is the added benefit that should we (AW) want to gain greater recognition and membership then this may be a possible platform from which to get some great free marketing.

What would the chance of a referendum, poll or vote be to ascertain the true interest of members on the commercialization issue? -O-

If you know not of your past and know not of your present, you cannot predict your future and will be like a cabbage in a society.
Toko

Post by Toko »

Spot on \O

Please start a new topic for this O:V O:V O:V

PS: Registration as IAP is really very easy, have done yesterday for the Skukuza lodge, received confirmation and also the practioneer said she had submitted one of my questions to SANParks, as she could not answer herself. These things are handled very professionally usually.

trailrunner

Post by trailrunner »

Dead right on the registration process Toko will register as an individual in the meantime.

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Done. \O

I've also asked our FB members to register. ;-)

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Well done, all! \O \O \O

It seems members who registered for the previous Malelane EIA don't need to register again...I got my notification automatically.

Trail, AW is well-known, don't worry, and we can issue statements at a later date. Dereck is actually an AW member, and follows here, as do many others! :twisted:

We are also in regular contact with him.

AW was listed as a participant in the first Groenkloof SANParks/EIA meeting last year, attended by H.e, and we were also officially listed as participants in the Oscap rhino conference earlier this year, even got a free invite! ;-)

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
trailrunner

Post by trailrunner »

Thanks RP so noted. \O

Return to “General Hotel Discussions, KNP”