Nossob

Discussions on KTP of a General Nature
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Flavour of the Month- September 2014- Nossob

Post by Mel »

nan, form when are those pictures? I reckon they are precious. Nowadays it seems even Nossob is pretty much fully booked.
It definitely is in October / November and that without it being school holidays. O-/

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
nan

Post by nan »

28.1.2012 from the first bungalow to the left side of the petrol station ;-) coming from the entrance

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Alright... That's the month when you even can sometimes snatch something at Uri or Grootkolk O**
Was it very hot then? I've always wondered why January and most of February are not that popular whereas the rest of the year it gets mostly fully booked by now.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
nan

Post by nan »

in this bungalow it was ok \O
right January and February are easier to find something... but a bit "un-sewn" (décousu) going in all sens, one night here and another there etc...

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

End December it was very hot. We had to leave the windows open to be able to sleep O-/ At Uri one day we had decided to stay in, but it was so hot (42°) that we had to go for a drive. Viva the A/C ;-)

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

These are from October 2012

On the way to the hide:
My first AWC ever!

Love this photo and hope I'll get the chance again at some point.

Familiar Flycatcher

And the ubiquitous springbok lol

Peter Connan

Post by Peter Connan »

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Seeing the compilation of our sightings at Nossob like in this thread, I must admit that Nossob has treated us kindly so far. :-0
Not only because of this handsome guy... Those of you who read my TT will remember the story. For the sake of completeness
here, I'll tell it again lol

We were meant to move onwards to Urikaruus that day and after a short visit at the hide before gate opening time with nothing
much to see, we decided to leave rather early to spend the afternoon on the deck at Uri. But we only got like 200 metres or so
down the road when I noticed some dust in the riverbed. This guy had walked up from Marie - where we had seen him and his
mate who was mating with his lady - during the night. Car was turned and we ended up in the hide again. Luckily enough, we
were amongst the first ones to realize what was happening, so we got seats in the front row and me got trigger happy. O**

And while we were watching, a brown hyena moved it on top of it. But with a lion at the waterhole, it thought it better
to make a quick exit again...

Toko

Post by Toko »

Mr H. is a pretty guy, is he still around?

Return to “KTP Information and General Discussion Forum”