Controversial rezoning approved?

Information & Discussion on Re-zoning of Kruger
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Controversial rezoning approved

Post by Lisbeth »

Isn't the buffer zone only supposed to be on the eastern side of the park? :-?

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
iNdlovu

Post by iNdlovu »

-O- In SA, east is west and west is east and if you realy want to, you can make them north or south if it means it will benefit you in anyway. =O:

Man was placed in charge and given the duty of caring for all creation, are we doing it?
lowveldboy

Post by lowveldboy »

iNdlovu wrote:This whole thing is a comedy of errors. There are 2 re-zoning issues.
1) the buffer zone outside the park to try and put a stop to poaching
2) the 2 kilometer strip inside the park for commercial use.

Effectively what will happen is the buffer zone outside the park will restrict any additional commercial acitivity, thereby guaranteeing no oposition or competition to SanParks' proposed hotels and the 2 kilometer strip will allow SP to do whatever they want from a commercial point of view, hey we may even see factories in this strip. =O: :-? Rediculous of course, but I wouldn't put anything past the current management team if there's money in it.

What scares the heck out of me is the minister's comment that construction of the Malelane hotel will commence in January. This is loose and irrisponsible talk, especially in light of the fact that the EIA has not been concluded. I have to ask, does this mean that no matter what the EIA comes up with, she has already deicded in her own mind that the hotels will go ahead. :shock: :shock:
Indy - I think you hit the nail on the head. They think they will build these hotels, come hell or high water. They do not believe they can be stopped. :evil: :evil:

I would feel more optimistic of a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority - EB White
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

iNdlovu wrote:-O- In SA, east is west and west is east and if you realy want to, you can make them north or south if it means it will benefit you in anyway. =O:
Rather complicated :-? O/ for the man in the street, I mean....

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Its sad that we have to go to other countries and pay big bucks to enjoy African Wildlife because of greed

Poplap

Post by Poplap »

iNdlovu wrote:... hey we may even see factories in this strip. =O: :-?

Or (CoAL) mines? :evil: :evil: :evil:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Peter Betts wrote:Its sad that we have to go to other countries and pay big bucks to enjoy African Wildlife because of greed
Keep going to other countries, tell about what you saw there and hence make others follow your example because they want to experience
the same. In the long run you'll get development there as well, I assume...

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

(Off topic hotel discussion, moved to the "Proposed Hotels in....." as "General Discussion on Hotels in KNP"))

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Ja, let's just wait for actual confirmation of what the minister said...it should take a few days! Ei

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
lowveldboy

Post by lowveldboy »

RP - i love your optimism!!!! Expecting an answer in a few days =O:

I would feel more optimistic of a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority - EB White

Return to “Proposed Re-zoning, KNP”