Unlocking Mountain Zebra

Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Unlocking Mountain Zebra

Post by Mel »

I'm reading up here after my hols... and, actually I can't say anything, cause I'm kinda having my jaw sitting on my breast :shock:

Such a wonderful reward after weeks of not being able to get into any park. A festival of extraordinary sightings - brilliant :-0
I can't believe the amount of aardwolf you got to see... The cheetahs close by without any help from the trackers. And that Mabula knows his rank. He looks kinda smug, but definitely a handsome guy! Angela and her cubs including the hunt - spectacular (great video, too, H!). Pink-lips again and a decent sized pride of lions. All the batties and the great raptor sightings, the fluffed up other smaller and bigger animals ---> :-0 O:V ^Q^

Oh, and not to forget the splendid scenery shots, including the full moon rising [O]

You reckon there will be more lions moving out at some point? 18 still seems a lot for a place like Mountain Zebra -O- Or not?

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
PJL

Post by PJL »

Mel wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:36 pm I'm reading up here after my hols... and, actually I can't say anything, cause I'm kinda having my jaw sitting on my breast :shock:

Such a wonderful reward after weeks of not being able to get into any park. A festival of extraordinary sightings - brilliant :-0
I can't believe the amount of aardwolf you got to see... The cheetahs close by without any help from the trackers. And that Mabula knows his rank. He looks kinda smug, but definitely a handsome guy! Angela and her cubs including the hunt - spectacular (great video, too, H!). Pink-lips again and a decent sized pride of lions. All the batties and the great raptor sightings, the fluffed up other smaller and bigger animals ---> :-0 O:V ^Q^

Oh, and not to forget the splendid scenery shots, including the full moon rising [O]

You reckon there will be more lions moving out at some point? 18 still seems a lot for a place like Mountain Zebra -O- Or not?
Thanks Mel, it was a very special trip in terms of sightings. I heard just the other day that more lion have been moved out the park so there are 7 now - one of the original females with 4 of her daughters plus Roy & Nomad. Roy is looking old and thin so I’m not convinced he has much time left

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

WOW, that was a pretty quick intervention after you had been there. Even more lucky to have seen 10 lions lounging together. O:V

Shame about Roy :-( but I suppose he's not the youngest anymore.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Again caught up, PJL,

and I am still impressed by all your Incredible sightings you had - Cheetah, blackie, lion and aardwolf and on top a bit of snow :-0 ^Q^ X#X

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de

Return to “Travel Tales of other South African National Parks”