Phalaborwa Protests

How to get there, road updates
Sprocky

Re: Phalaborwa Protests

Post by Sprocky »

They are striking due to measures put in place by the mine.

A few months ago they torched buildings at the entrance to the mine because they were not getting jobs. The mine then said that they will no longer accept hand delivered CV's, as a measure to keep people away from the mine. All CV's now have to be emailed to the mine. The community is against this decision and as a result of that they are striking and keeping those that are employed away from work.

They have apparently had a meeting with the mine at 10h00 this morning. We are waiting to hear what happened, as they vowed to continue with the protests if their demands aren't met by the mine.

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Then they must be rubberised! O:V

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

LIMPOPO
Phalaborwa
13 April 2021
13h20

Protesters busy closing the road again at Makushane cross - R40

PLEASE AVOID!!!

Hoedspruit Farm Watch
072 3100032

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

A few months ago they torched buildings at the entrance to the mine because they were not getting jobs.
If there are no jobs, the company is certainly not going to invent them, it would be a bit too expensive. It's not a SOE.
The mine then said that they will no longer accept hand delivered CV's, as a measure to keep people away from the mine. All CV's now have to be emailed to the mine.
If someone does not have a computer, I am sure that they know someone who has one.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:yes: :yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

*Phalaborwa Protests*
Update 13 April @17:00

R40 between Makushane 4 way and Mopani Country lodge has had flair ups of protesters during this afternoon.

Police and CPF are active in the area.

The road is open but please remain vigilant.

The R71 remains open.

CPF Management.

Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Good morning, from the whole CPF we would like to thank everyone who assisted us during this chaos, from Afriforum to the group admins, Marilda from the Tourism Association and all the generous people and businesses in our community who donated water, food and colddrinks.

We really appreciate your support and may we continue to support each other in these times.

We are still on the ground monitoring the situation and will update if there is any activity, however ALL the roads are open and it seems that we are back to normal.

Regards,

Anton Kellermann
CPF Chairperson

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

\O

Poor innocent people held hostage! :evil:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Too many criminals around, trying to convince the people that they are doing it for them :evil:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Soldier and six others due in dock for protest action in Limpopo
15 April 2021 - 09:09
Belinda Pheto Reporter

A soldier will appear in court on Thursday with other suspects on public violence charges related to protest action that took place last Friday in Limpopo.

Image: Supplied

A 53-year-old member of the SA National Defence Force is among seven suspects who will appear on Thursday at the Namakgale magistrate's court in connection with public violence that erupted in Phalaborwa, Namakgale and Lulekane last Friday.

According to police spokesperson Brig Motlafela Mojapelo, Phalaborwa was almost deserted after the R71, R40 and other subsidiary roads were blocked by protesters using tree branches, burning tyres and rocks.

“The violent protests hugely disrupted tranquillity in the affected areas as children could not go to school, people could not go to work and shops were closed. More police members had to be deployed to quell the violence,” Mojapelo said.

He said seven suspects aged between 23 and 53, were arrested during the targeted raids conducted in identified locations.

Mojapelo said two suspects, Peter Malatji, 50, and a 35-year-old woman, Mavis Malatji, were apprehended on Monday.

The two made a court appearance on Wednesday and Mojapelo said the female collapsed in court after they were remanded in custody and had to be rushed to hospital where she is under police guard.

“Both will again appear in the same court on April 20. More arrests are expected,” Mojapelo said.

TimesLIVE

https://www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/sout ... n-limpopo/

Return to “Travelling to and from Kruger”