light meter mode

Discuss the technical side of photography
PRWIN

light meter mode

Post by PRWIN »

I was in Kruger end of last year and something I had to sort out, Might be intresting to you all.

Was shooting a leopard against a very bright backdrop. Most will over expose by 1 or 2 stops. Now my camera cannot over expose by the 1 or 2 stops that I wanted with out going off Auto ISO when in manual and onto manual ISO in M, TV ,AV. Which I did not want to do as I lost some photo's when the leopard came out the tree into bright sunlight and I had over exposed for the dark area with a bright background

Now what can I do to keep the exposure correct for any lighting been dark or bright sunlight. I was in Partial meter mode. I then changed over to spot meter mode, focusing on the subject with the spot meter mode on the subject. By being in spot the camera adjusted the setting and gave me the correct ISO for the subject without changing any settings on the camera. I got the 1 or 2 stops I was looking for with out changing any settings except for the meter mode.So if he had come out into bright sunlight the camera would have adjusted ,giving me the correct exposure as long as the spot meter was on the subject.

different meter mode
metre modes.jpg
metre modes.jpg (146.62 KiB) Viewed 426 times
photo taken using spot meter mode

_F5G0111 as Smart Object-1-1.jpg

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: light meter mode

Post by Lisbeth »

I don't understand all the technical stuff, but it is a fabulous shot ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: light meter mode

Post by Richprins »

Interesting, Peter! \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Technical Photography Discussion Forum”