Stop the World I Wanna Get Off: My Escape to KTP

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Stop the World I Wanna Get Off: My Escape to KTP

Post by Lisbeth »

The wings of the Lacewings are incredible when the pics are taken by a master photographer ^Q^ ^Q^

Those lion cubs are just too cute [InLuv] [InLuv] and the photos are brilliant O\/ O\/

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
GavinW

Post by GavinW »

O/\ O/\ O/\ Great lion pics.
Those cubs are just so adorable

Wishing I was in the KTP
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

ExFmem wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:40 pm Mel - yep, I have a few to enter into the Mammal Challenge - most of which are the same quality as the mongoose. :o0ps: Am almost done w/ this TT, so will enter them then. Hope the pics of Hanri’s cubs can add something to future IDs.
I finally manage to add all your Hanri sightings to the relevant page. And I am certain that they will be of great use for future reference. At least as long as Misty and Miles stick around and don't disappear like most other offspring before.

Could you give a location to add for the sighting before you left for Grootkolk, please. The waterhole looks a bit like Auchterlonie, but then again, there are some rocks missing around it, so I suspect it must be a different one. But I can't figure out which one it might be.

Love the sequences of the lions, ,the fluffy ostriches and the young martial. All adorable [Luv]

And you finally got a least some insects. Excellent photos. When you look at some of the wings, you wonder how they are able to stay airborne with such delicately laced wings :shock:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

WoW ExFmem,

the critter shots are extraordinary \O \O \O

and the shots from the lion cubs are so adorable ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ - What luck you had with that fantastic sighting :-0 :-0 :-0

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

nan - I appreciate your kind words. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

RP, Sis, Mel - yes, I love the lacewings too, so delicate looking and so chic. I don’t see that many around here, so they are always a delight during my trips.

Gavin, Pumbaa - thanks for hanging in here with me, much appreciated.

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

It finally rained 2 days prior to the end of my trip - off and on for 24 hours, mostly on. That brought a new cast of characters out, almost immediately.

There were tortoises “everywhere” -

As well as millipedes which one had to be quite eagle-eyed to spot and avoid running over.

Waterbirds included ducks and stilts…

I thought this wildebeest youngster had such pretty colors.

Some of the common birds were out and about.

Common Fiscal

Yellow-billed Hornbill

Lanner falcon

(I’m assuming this is a PCG juv.) -O-

I guess it gets pretty boring out there, <zz> so this PCG was amusing itself with some clumps of dung. 0-

I’m waiting on a definitive ID for this one -

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

My last game drive :-( was quiet for the most part. The moon was still visible…

I started this TT with examples of Mother Nature’s “The Good”, “The Bad”, and “The Ugly”. I will close with another facet of Nature - “The Humorous”.

MEET THE GEMSBOKS,

A FAMILY OF DWARFS…. (dwarves)

0/* See ya' next time, if I'm lucky enough to visit my beloved South Africa [Luv] again.

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Oh no, it's over! :-( :-(

Interesting the comparative views of the tortoises, Ex. They are very different! ..0..

And all the birdie action shots! [O]

A bye-bye lion in the sand... 0/*

And Dwarves! =O:

Thank you so much for a brilliantly thought-out tale as always, a real treat, and hope to see you back soon! :ty: :ty:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Great selection of tortoises \O

It is funny to see how quickly the waterbirds arrive when it is raining.

The lioness has found a good observation post lol lol

Horns "growing" in the grass =O:

The PCG having fun must have been great to watch \O

Re the unidentified: The only other raptor that comes to my mind is Ovambo Sparrowhawk :-?

I hope that it will not last too long before the next TT. I adore your way of presenting the animals, your brilliant photos and the not less brilliant prose O0 ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Thanks so much for bringing some of the KTP into my home! I miss that place so, so much and it's time for me to return.
We're all set for two weeks in April and now pray for not getting infected beforehand...

Also, thanks once again for all your travel advice! That has been rather helpful. O0

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”