Yet Another Quick "Business" Trip to Kruger .

RogerFraser
Site Admin

Yet Another Quick "Business" Trip to Kruger .

Post by RogerFraser »

November 2021 Client has new site in Silverton and we start planning the installation .Need to also go past client in Hazyview to do a meet and greet .Hmm lets go to Kruger even though it is open week again SO doesn't need any convincing and off we go .Pretoria first to the site then off to Hazeyview and Pretoriuskop the next day .Originally the plan was to go to Marloth afterwards but a few days before leaving Sanparks puts out a 40% discount offer so plans change to Pretorius One Night Crock Bridge one Night and Berg En Dal two nights .

Our first Sighting coming into Pahbeni Gate is one of my favorite raptors

and then a Tower of these fellows

Not far from the gate we found a Zebra carcass full of Vultures .We were debating the cause and later found a report rangers found it dead and cut it open and dragged to the side .We suspect it was killed by a vehicle .

After watching the Vultures for a while we moved off and found a new arrival in Kruger .

and slightly further along the S3 we found a few more

We carried on and checked into Pretoriuskop camp

Our neighbors had a visit from the welcome committee who enjoyed their biscuits

While I found some Brown Headed Parrots in the camp

The welcome committee finished their biscuits and came to welcome us

They looked for party supplies

And were not too happy that we had anticipated this and left nothing edible for them

We unpacked and went for a quick drive .

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Yet Another Quick "Business" Trip to Kruger .

Post by Lisbeth »

Roger and SO go "working" in Kruger again O/\ O/\

Durban/Pretoria is a loooong trip :shock:

Did your neighbours give the biscuits to the monkies? :shock: They ought to be fined :X: Cute visitors though and it is not their fault :no:

Lovely close up of the giraffe \O

Brown-headed parrots O\/ O\/
0()

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Yay, another trip already! ^Q^

Nice to find a kill again, Rog, even though human. 0*\

Jolly green compared to the last trip just months before! :-0

We have never found monkeys in my camp... :shock:

0() 0()

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

There are definitely worse things in life than combining work obligations with fleeting visits in the Park :-0

First sighting a bateleur - loving it [Luv]

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Love the first fresh green grass, Roger O/\

and for sure the parrots and the vervets at least not the one checking out the bin ;-)

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

Lisbeth wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:59 am Roger and SO go "working" in Kruger again O/\ O/\

Durban/Pretoria is a loooong trip :shock:

Did your neighbours give the biscuits to the monkies? :shock: They ought to be fined :X: Cute visitors though and it is not their fault :no:

Lovely close up of the giraffe \O

Brown-headed parrots O\/ O\/
0()
Durban Pretoria is actually slightly less than Durban Kruger especially as we have to go arround Swaziland with the Covid restrictions .

The Monkeys stole the biscuits from them I dont think they even saw them do it :twisted: We have also been robbed of Biscuits there before so are careful with the little thieves around .
Mel wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:46 am There are definitely worse things in life than combining work obligations with fleeting visits in the Park :-0

First sighting a bateleur - loving it [Luv]
:yes: its our go to sideline .
Richprins wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:20 pm Yay, another trip already! ^Q^

Nice to find a kill again, Rog, even though human. 0*\

Jolly green compared to the last trip just months before! :-0

We have never found monkeys in my camp... :shock:

0() 0()
It was totally different this time very green and all the fire damaged areas were already recovering .
Pumbaa wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:49 am Love the first fresh green grass, Roger O/\

and for sure the parrots and the vervets at least not the one checking out the bin ;-)
Was very nice to see the Parrots in camp .

RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

We decided as we had not done it before to do the closest loop around the outside of the camp .

Our first sighting was a buck with two circles on its but .It seemed to have a curled tail .

We drove nearly the whole route around .It was very quiet we only passed one other vehicle a couple who were driving very slowly and we battled to pass as the road was quite narrow and grass was encroaching on the road in many places so very green . I was focused on the driving at the one stage through a narrow section and glanced to the right into the little drainage cut into the side of the road and noticed something different . It was a bit comical as it took my brain a few seconds to relise what had been right there next to the road and I slammed on brakes .SO was what did you see -O- .

It was so close that SO could not see if from her seat .

It looked like it had been busy all day sleeping on the left and right sides lol

I moved around to give SO a view and we waited for any activity but he was Lights out to the world apart from a brief opening of his eyes but was not phased by the vehicle ,the other vehicle had stopped a way back so we wanted to give them a chance to view as well ,so we eventually moved off .

A little bit further we found a pond with some birds around it and SO snapped a few pics .

We watched the Heron fishing/hunting hoping it would do something but it seemed to eventually give up and it moved off and so did we .

We drove down to Shitlhave dam but there was no activity .On the way back to camp at the top of the Dam road we found these Giraffe with a beautiful Kruger backdrop .

We took our last photo and drove back to camp for the first night .

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Not much sightings wise, a flat lion does not count ;-)

A pretty little dam with a blackhead and two whiteface O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

it took my brain a few seconds to relise what had been right there next to the road - That sounds so familiar to me - Although one is driving around the whole day in the park in order to found something - Sometimes you simply had to look twice \O \O \O

Thanks Roger,

Love the giraffe evening silhouettes and all the waterbirds and lion is always lovely X#X

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

Lisbeth wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:28 am Not much sightings wise, a flat lion does not count ;-)

A pretty little dam with a blackhead and two whiteface O**
:yes: Flat lions are not too difficult to find lol
Pumbaa wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:53 pm it took my brain a few seconds to relise what had been right there next to the road - That sounds so familiar to me - Although one is driving around the whole day in the park in order to found something - Sometimes you simply had to look twice \O \O \O

Thanks Roger,

Love the giraffe evening silhouettes and all the waterbirds and lion is always lovely X#X
:yes: It had been a long days driving to the site and then to the camp . \O

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”