Post by cside_za »

0*\ We recently visited the mKuze Game Reserve and here is our video:

phpBB [video]

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Mkuze & eMshopi Visit with review

Post by Lisbeth »

Thank you very much!

I gather that it is not exactly my kind of place O** Apart from the peace and the bird hide (without birds, if I've got it right), there does not seem to be anything interesting, not even a table at the picnic site. As you have repeated...a lot...it's not the Kruger ;-)

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Peter Betts

Re: Mkuze & eMshopi Visit with review

Post by Peter Betts »

Kruger resembles Las Vegas in many parts and getting worse every month = Not my kind of place apart from a few hidden Gems I gravitate back to every trip mainly in the north . Mkuze 's only fault is that it is small >> we are self sufficientt so have our own tables etc . Incidently Mkuze has more Bird Species than Kruger and is a Mecca for Bird Watchers around the world. Camping in places in Kruger like Skukuza and Satara and crowded Berg en Dal (Bring your electric Drills) is an experience I would not recommend and certainly way below natural Mkuzi. Lower Sabie has to be the Worst Camp site anywhere in any Game reserve in Southern Africa by a Mile. Lion Sighting s in Kruger South of Olifants River often Resemble a Barcelona Bull Fight on a Sat Arvie. I would far rather camp in Mkuzi than Skukuza which I havent yet and I am 72 and camp yearly in Kruger since 1951. Use Charcoal Briquettes instaed of Indigenous Wood >> think destruction of Bird Habitats. We make our own Ice while camping in Kruger and Kgalagadi. We only shop outside Kruger to replenish on a long Trip. I once bought Wi Fi at a shop there as its very much more expensive than outside so Komatipoort , Hoedspruit and Phalaborwa are our Kruger Shops >> Mkuzi we would naturally take everything with >> Fresh Veg , Long Life Milk , Charcoal etc etc. The Picnic Sites at Mkuzi look Divine unlike Gold Reef City Picnic Spots like Afsaal and Nkhulu etc >> No Toilets >> just go in the Bush like we all do in Botswana

Return to “Mkuze Game Reserve”