Three New Lodges in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park Announced

Information and Discussion on Development Plans for Kgalagadi
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: EIA for the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park

Post by Mel »

A new topic has been started on the other side stating that Rooiputs (a campsite on the Bots side in KTP) will get
new accommodation in chalet style. There are pictures that show the first stilts being errected already... The
official announcement is that the campsites will be kept. But who knows...

Oh well, I reckon, I'll go there as long as it's still possible and will look for other playing grounds in the future... :-(

*edit* I know this has nothing to do with SANParks but it still fits the proposed developments in KTP.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

Mel

Just read it as well, :-( :-( :-( :-( Now I know why they only upgraded the road to Rooiputs turn off. O/ O/ O/ O/

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Well, the whole strip from Twee Rivieren actually...
And I tell you what: When I met some forumites from the other side some two or three years ago,
they were already speculating about a hotel style accomm being built down there.
Obviously, they know their stuff. :shock:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Toko

Post by Toko »

As far as I remember, the site is a concession. And the plan was to built a 24-bed lodge.

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

Toko wrote:As far as I remember, the site is a concession. And the plan was to built a 24-bed lodge.
Even worse

Do you know who they are

Toko

Post by Toko »

:O^ I found the article, I was referring to, see page 30:

Private lodge developments

Three lodges on the cards: at Rooiputs, Marie se Draai and Union's End :shock:
The Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, which borders South Africa and Botswana, and includes the largest expanse of continuous sand mass in the world, is also home to the Kalahari lion, which have specifically adapted to the desert through having lighter fur than their counterparts.

The park covers more than 37,000 square kilometres and is one of the few ecosystems in southern Africa to include such a large variety of wildlife, including sixty species of mammals.

The park consists of the former Gemsbok National Park in Botswana and the Kalahari Gemsbok National Park in South Africa. In 1999 the two countries agreed to manage the two parks as a single ecological unit.

An opportunity to establish private sector lodges within the Botswana boundary of the Kgalagadi TFCA have cropped up, three of which are listed below:

Map of Kgalagadi TFCA

Rooiputs Lodge

Investment opportunity: This concession has been awarded by the Government of Botswana to Ta Shebube (Pty) Ltd. Ta Shehube is looking for an investment partner, with Ta Shehube remaining a major shareholder. The development is for a 24-bed lodge site.

Endemic game in this area are gemsbok, springbok, eland, giraffe, blue wildebeest and red hartebeest, which roam the sparsely vegetated red sand dunes and the dry river valleys of the Nossob and Auob.

An existing market attraction in Rooiput’s Park is the developed and popular campsite located here. It is a stop-over for the many adventure seekers visiting the wilderness trails offered by trail operators.

Activities and attractions include game and bird viewing, camping and off-road activities.

For more information on this investment opportunity contact Deborah Kahatano at Boundless Southern Africa by email on dkahatano@environment.gov.za or by tel on +27 12 310 3734

Marie se Draai Lodge

Marie se Draai is situated about 160 km north of Two Rivers, along the Nossob River and about 5 km south of the Nossob camp, run by the South African National Parks.

Investment opportunity: This concession has been awarded by the Government of Botswana to Holly Hock (Pty) Ltd. Holly Hock is looking for operational partner with tourism experience. Under this partnership Holly Hock will be a major shareholder. The development is for a 24-bed lodge site.

Currently there are no camps or lodges situated in the Marie se Draai area, although the many adventure and wilderness trails offered by trail operators are an existing market attraction in the area.

Activities and attractions include game and bird viewing, camping and off-road activities.

For more information on this investment opportunity contact Deborah Kahatano at Boundless Southern Africa by email on dkahatano@environment.gov.za or by tel on +27 12 310 3734

Unions End Lodge

Unions End is situated where the Namibian and Botswana borders meet, about 248 km northwest of Two Rivers along the Nossob River.

Investment opportunity: This concession has been awarded by the Government of Botswana to Ta Shebube (Pty) Ltd. Ta Shehube is looking for an investment partner, with Ta Shehube remaining a major shareholder. The development is for a 24-bed lodge site.

Currently there are no camps or lodges situated in the area, although there is an existing market attraction at Unions End, namely the many adventure and wilderness trails passing through the area offered by trail operators.

For more information about either of these investment opportunities, or any others currently being marketed by Boundless Southern Africa please contact the organization directly:
Email: dkahatano@environment.gov.za
Tel: +27(0) 12 310 3734

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

I,m sick

Where they going to get the water from.Nossob has water problems and so did grootkolk and what about the roads 0- 0- 0- 0- 0-

Toko

Post by Toko »

:evil: and perhaps another lodge at Polentswa

Opportunity to develop lodge

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

WHAT??? Even more camps being planned???
Seriously, how is KTP gonna cope regarding its infrastructure???

Probably all gonna be built on the Bots side,
but then using the roads on the KTP side...

This is getting more than ridiculous! :evil:

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Posted first and read then... Indeed on the Bots side...

Return to “Proposed Developments, KTP”