YEEEHAAA - I AM OFF ON HOLIDAY -NOT TO A GAME RESERVE THOUGH

Share your 'non-green' travel tales here.
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: YEEEHAAA - I AM OFF ON HOLIDAY -NOT TO A GAME RESERVE TH

Post by Richprins »

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

Flutterby wrote:Welcome back! 0/*

Now you can go to Brazil instead! Any nice train rides there? -O
Thanks very much Flutterby. I will have to start Googling trains in Brazil. -O -O -O

Faith is the bird that feels the light while the dawn is still dark. Author unknown.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Carnival trains! O/\ O/\ O/\

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

Richprins wrote:Carnival trains! O/\ O/\ O/\
To the Cococabana Beach????????????????????????

Unfortunately for you guys , just because I am home does not mean that my downloading stops. Still got another 3 days to bug you guys with. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

At the moment I am suffering from severe jet lag - my eyes feel like hot coal holes in the snow and my mouth like a piece of sandpaper.

Going to catch up on my beauty sleep tonight and then carry on tomorrow.

Faith is the bird that feels the light while the dawn is still dark. Author unknown.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Sounds like a hangover? :-(

That's why I don't travel! X#X

Buttercuppy

Post by Buttercuppy »

Steam, I read your report on the UK from front to end and enjoyed your stories and images a lot. What a gorgeous grandson you have. This reminded me of trains, planes and automobiles and brought back many childhood memories. Thank you.

* My name is Babs *

... I ask people why they have animal heads on their walls. They always say because it's such beautiful animals. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her...
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

That reminds me of a trip we did many years ago that involved trains, a ship, automobiles and a plane!!

We took the train down to Durban, went straight to the harbour and boarded the MS Symphony for a 4-day trip to Bazaruto. On our return we borrowed a friend's car and went down to the Wildcoast for a couple of days. We then got on another train to take us back to JHB, but when we awoke the next morning, expecting to be approaching JHB, we realised we hadn't even reached Pietermaritzburg!! :O^ There were floods further up the line and they didn't know how much longer the journey would take. We all had to be back at work so, we got off the train in Pietermaritburg and phoned my brother (who was flying for Airlink at the time) and organised some tickets. We then caught a taxi to Virginia airport (I still remember the driver had 6 fingers on one hand :shock: ). We still had a few hours before our flight, but found out that we couldn't get any food at the tiny airport. So, we hired a car to drive back into Pietermaritzburg, get some breakfast and drive back to the airport!! O** We eventually made it home! :O^

What a trip!! 0*\ =O:

steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

Buttercuppy wrote:Steam, I read your report on the UK from front to end and enjoyed your stories and images a lot. What a gorgeous grandson you have. This reminded me of trains, planes and automobiles and brought back many childhood memories. Thank you.
Hello there Buttercuppy. First of all a very warm welcome to SAGR family. We are a lovely bunch although a little bit crazy at times.

Also, a warm welcome on board my trip and we are so pleased that you are enjoying it so.

Looking forward to seeing some of your trip reports.

Dewi

Post by Dewi »

Some great pics you took STF. Glad you had a great time and have returned home safe and sound. Hope the jet-lag has worn off now. \O

Hope your weather is better than ours - throwing it down today. Mind you, we have been in a drought here. =O:

Sorry you missed seeing Her Maj.

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

Wow Flutterby that was quite an extraordinary trip consisting of all forms of transport.

Return to “Travel Tales from around the World”