Ireland in a Gypsy Caravan

Share your 'non-green' travel tales here.
Moggiedog

Re: Ireland in a Gypsy Caravan

Post by Moggiedog »

Feeling as if my arms were the length of an orangutans, we finally found our accommodation. I will not admit to how many times we had traipsed past the alley way we should have taken. As exhausted as I was the sandman decided that people should only sleep when its dark. Did the sun never go to bed in Ireland?
I eventually nodded off and woke to a glorious day - and the buzz of city life. Something I don't hear very often.
Time to explore a Dublin - and the best way - open top, stop and go bus. Who needs cd's or radios when you having singing bus drivers.

We did an enormous amount of walking in between the hopping on and off the bus. The Liffey river was crisscrossed with many bridges making it easy to traverse the town on foot.
ImageImage
Some amazing paint jobs on doors and beautiful hanging flower pots gave the city a festive atmosphere.
ImageImage

and one thing you cannot do is take a trip to Dublin without spending some time going through the famous Guinness brewery.

The days were flying by and we had not seen half of what we wanted to see - but the time had come to move away from city life into a more rural environment. Bags packed and onto a bus for our journey to Belcarra Castlebar County Mayo. We had a connection to make in a remot village in the middle of nowhere and as luck would have it as we waited for our second stage transport the heavens opened. It had been beautiful sunshine every day - and according to the locals they hadn't had rain for six weeks!

nan

Post by nan »

right, there are so nice entrance doors in Ireland O/\
^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Moggiedog

Post by Moggiedog »

Nan - totally agree with you. Amazing people as well (maybe that's the reason I married an Irishman :O^ )

steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

We have never been to Ireland so seeing pics and reading your adventures makes up for that in a way. Thanks so much for sharing.

Faith is the bird that feels the light while the dawn is still dark. Author unknown.
Moggiedog

Post by Moggiedog »

Steamtrainfan - I loved Ireland and would be very happy to go back again. Its is a beautiful country and we did not have enough time to see all of it - but at least we had the privilege of seeing a good portion of it.

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Lovely pics and story as usual MD. \O

pooky

Post by pooky »

Great pics \O \O and story MD ^Q^

Thanks for sharing \O

Satara 30 Sept - 7 Oct

Botswana June/July 2018
Moggiedog

Post by Moggiedog »

Flutterby and Pooky - thanks for joining in for the ride - hope it transports you to a distant destination :-)

Jillinflorida

Post by Jillinflorida »

Top of the mornin' to ya missus. (okay so it's not morning, but it might be when you read this) - Enjoying the ride along with you. How do you remember all this stuff...I can't remember what I did yesterday let alone find photos....

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

What a wonderful trip down the memory lane, MD O\/

I agree, Ireland is a beautiful country and I'm looking foward to seeing more photos 0()

Entertaining writing as usual -O ^Q^

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

Return to “Travel Tales from around the World”