Sani Pass to be tarred

Information and Discussion on Other KZN Parks
okie

Re: Sani Pass to be tarred

Post by okie »

Now , way back in the mists of forgotten time , SO and I , together with a couple of friends walked up Sani pass , and due to the fact we did not have our passports with us , the Lesotho border guards at the top turned us back , and we had to trudge all the way down again . So , we actually walked the 12 miles up , as well as the 12 miles down , carrying heavy backpacks all in one day 0*\

A few years ago , I think it was in 2007 or so , SO and I , stayed over in Underberg ( sort of a little memory trip for us ) ,and even at that time there was already talk of Sani pass to be " upgraded and tarred " . And as I recall , a few of those locals were quite " proud " to say brag that with the new road one would be able to ascend the pass at speed :shock:

I certainly will not go back again 0'

Enough is enough
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

As it will be to expensive to fix it, a new road ready for pot holes O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

The nearby Oliviershoek pass tar road has become virtually impassable due to lack of maintenance, for example...a dangerous disgrace forcing a lengthy detour via toll road to reach the Central Berg...

Things have gone backward dramatically since 2007, okie! ;-)

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
okie

Post by okie »

Yeahh , and in those "old days " , Oliviershoek used to be a good dirt road O**

Enough is enough
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Ive been using Oliviershoek tar road annually for over 20 years to attend our Bergville family Christmas, okie! ^0^

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Other KZN Game Parks & Nature Reserves”