Let me think......................
Flutterby

Re: Rondebult Bird sanctuary

Post by Flutterby »

Stunning pics as usual. \O

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

I paid a visit to Rondebult on 19 October and it was completely dry - I understand that this is due to a problem at the sewage farm that provides the water for the reserve. Estimated time for fixing the problem is 6-8 weeks.

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Amoli posted this on our FB page yesterday:
Despite mails been sent to Ekurhuleni Metro ,phone calls i have had no response in regards to the current state of Rondebult Bird Sanctuary.For those unaware of the situation there has been no water in any of the dams for the last month.This has led to the dams looking like the edges of Mkomobo dam. The water birds have gone,abandoning nests and chicks.The mammals at the back of the reserve have no water and with the current heatwave are facing death. I have reported the situation to the Alberton SPCA and a inspection will take place this morning. Water is carted in during the week for the mammals, however it is totally inadequate and they are left to fend for themselves over the week end. My drive past on Saturday afternoon was a disaster, a huge number of folk where present for a wedding and there where piles of litter everywhere including a huge amount of alcohol bottles .It is illegal to drink in a public space and the security guard is fobbed off when trying to stop this drinking.Police where called which amounted to nothing except a threat to me to stop taking photos and the insistence i delete the pictures i had taken of the confrontation between police and the revelers who at this stage where well on the road to been past happy.Please i am posting a mail address and ask if you would help get there attention by sending a mail and maybe clogging his server so he understands we are not going to let the situation just carry on as it is.

A article will be published in our local Southern Newspapers this week in connection with the situation as well.

sithembile.pasiya@webmail.co.za

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Desolating to hear and I wonder why a police force is kept, if it is not even good at resolving this kind of incidents and furthermore take it on the only person trying to do something about a scandalous situation 0= I am shocked :shock:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Thanks for the info, keep up the good work Amoli, let's hope the press gives them a giddy-up too.

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

I tried to send a mail to the address given above and got the following reply....

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain webmail.co.za by mx.wmint.net. [80.247.237.14].

0*\ 0*\ 0*\ 0*\ 0*\

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I also got a "Delivery Failure" 0*\

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
nan

Post by nan »

what the matter... I must say massacre :evil:

if is not one... is the other O/

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/

Return to “Travel Tales of Gauteng Parks”