Long Weekend Break at the Baltic Sea

Share your 'non-green' travel tales here.
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Long Weekend Break at the Baltic Sea

Post by Mel »

They even got a small green park with lots of colourful flowers around but also some not so tasteful statues (at least I didn't like them much).

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

The view towards "our" ferris wheel lol

At the end of the day, having the fair close to our accommodation turned out not to be that bad. The noise level was high at night, granted, but at 0.30 am the latest everything was packed away, including the masses of visitors and that meant peace and silence again until the next day at around 2 pm. We could live with that. And if
we don't find anything to our liking for next year, we'll go back and make this the base to explore a bit of the surroundings. \O

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

In the afternoon we met up with Tina and her SO O/\ who don't live far away from where we were. The both of them had made a point to visit us in Eckernförde and we spent almost a couple of hours sitting in the beautiful sun at the yacht harbour (actually there is more than one!) talking and gossiping :twisted: and drinking the local brew lol (at least the SO and I did X#X ). It was great meeting the two of you 0/* and thanks for dropping by! :-) :-) :-)

Before we left for dinner, I was treated to the arrival of one of the ships in the fleet where I always book the sailing trips for my class outings. They usually land in the Kiel harbour which is not far away from Eckernförde, but at least one of them stayed overnight here. O\/

Ethel von Brixham

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Dinner was at a canteen like fish restaurant. It was very loud when we first arrived but once the tables emptied the noise level became bearable.
For the food I'd return any time, but the noise was kinda dampening the experience...

Once again, no food for you, RP lol

The SO had local fresh fish, fried with a very taste mustard dill sauce and a side salad:

I went for the young herring again, because this time they offered two different sauces with it:
One was made up of horseradish, mustard and apples, the other was cranberry cream (the third
one was the same as on the first night lol ).

Once again, it was fried potatoes with it, but since we never have them at home, because I hate
preparing them, we were quite happy to eat them the third night in a row.

I'm hungry now 0*\

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

And with a reflection at night just minutes before bed time I'll conclude this little TT.

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

What beautiful blue sea and sky! :-0 The food looks quite delicious. O:V

Don't you like the mermaid in the flowers? O** lol

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Nice food O\/ O\/

A pity that going to Ærø or Langeland is too far away :-( Marstal is such a lovely little old town O/\ O/\

My grandparent were born there and my mother grew up on the island of Thurö even if born in Copenhagen ;-)

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Flutterby wrote:Don't you like the mermaid in the flowers? O** lol
Somehow not, Flutts =O:

Lis, I've been to Marstal several times on my sailing trips \O And I agree, it's a nice place to spend a long weekend.
But I also agree that it cannot be done from where I live. lol

nan

Post by nan »

is the local fish a Salmon :-?
seems to be very yummy \O
love those potatoes... made a lot for my nephew in the Kgalagadi O**

love too the last pic... with lights and very green trees... plus reflection ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

:ty: for this TT \O

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Mel wrote:Unfortunately we picked a weekend where the Eel Regatta is held (yes, it is called like that lol ) and we got the ferry wheel overlooking our balcony. :twisted:

And drinking booths underneath us...

Flensburger is one of the northern German brews and tastes quite alright, but our favourite brand will come up further down.
And the poor dude sitting there seems somewhat outa Africa kak attitude!!!!

Heh,.. H.e

Return to “Travel Tales from around the World”