Needs Attention: Sanparks other than Kruger

Issues that need to be brought to the attention of Parks' Managements
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Needs Attention: Sanparks other than Kruger

Post by Lisbeth »

But if you cannot use them, because they are to close to the side of the wash basin. And it is ridiculous to use those old fashioned things, when you build something new 0-

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Ja Lis, often encounter those taps that are too close to the sink...as RP and okie said...normal in SA! 0*\

okie

Post by okie »

Lisbeth wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:35 pm But if you cannot use them, because they are to close to the side of the wash basin. And it is ridiculous to use those old fashioned things, when you build something new 0-

No , no :X: What is old fashioned , is a jug of water plus basin , and a chamber pot :yes:

And that is something that will come back in future as water becomes more scarce lol
Grey water must be used in the garden , and even urine is good for plants ...

Enough is enough
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

0*\ lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
okie

Post by okie »

Lis , this may sound inconceivable for people from the Northern hemisphere where water is no problem , but this is what's happening in Cape Town at present :O^ .
It is not easy to manage on 25 liters water per person per day , but certainly do-able .
I speak from experience , because I grew up with water as a scarce resource . Everybody in Cape Town is buying plastic tanks for harvesting of rainwater , and also install small greywater recycling units O**
And what do you think that rural people do who have no installed running water in their homes , and they have to fetch and carry water from a nearby water-resource . They do not even use 25 liters each per day .

Enough is enough
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I undestand that and It must be terrible, but I do not see what it has to do with the water tabs. You do not use more water with one tab instead of two, on the contrary.

okie

Post by okie »

]
Lisbeth wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:14 pm I undestand that and It must be terrible, but I do not see what it has to do with the water tabs. You do not use more water with one tab instead of two, on the contrary.
okie wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:44 pm It has been our way of life and used all over South Africa . It is cheaper than mixer taps O**
It is cheaper .
If everybody uses the same , then lots and lots are manufactured , and the more units made , the cheaper the cost .

Of course , there are people around to whom cost does not matter , and they would buy more expensive stuff .

If you build houses for 50 million people , then cost factor is very much on the forefront , especially if those people are not rich .
You cannot use European or Swiss standards here :X:

Remember also , the MAIN focus for Sanparks is to attract South Africans ( there are more than 50 million ) , and not necessarily rich overseas tourists , so therefore the cost of development must fit the pocket of normal , STANDARD South African visitors .
Such a development must , like ALL business models , have a reasonable pay-back , otherwise it is not feasible .
If you only use a model based on high-income visitors , then of course , you will also spend accordingly -- high cost , luxury .

But already , as it is , many tourist visitors , including richer , overseas tourists , complain about the current high cost of accommodation in South African parks :O^
And we have also seen when the SA Rand strengthens , then overseas visitors stay away 0*\
Now just think , if ALL the accommodation in Sanparks were to be built , based on rich high-income visitors , surely they would build accordingly , high cost , luxury , accommodations , but I can assure you , they would never ever fill all those vacancies , and indeed , revenue will drop 0*\

Enough is enough
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

All very logic, but I do not think that the difference in cost is so big. And here we are not talking about 50 million people. Furthermore in some places they have the mixer tap AND they do have it in the kitchens. I think it is more a habit than anything else and above all I was complaining about the fact that those taps are too short!

They still have them in Ireland too 0*\

okie

Post by okie »

Lisbeth , it does not work like that . This is South Africa , not Ireland , or Alaska , or Norway .
When I visit Ireland , I accept that they have certain things in that country which is probably strange to me and to most South Africans . But I do not criticise their way of living . That is the way it is , and whatever I say , will not change it .
In South Africa too .
We have a certain way of life , and most of us like it the way it is .

You know , I visited Poland some years ago , to see how they grow , cultivate strawberries , and I found that for instance that they average yield is about 4 tons of strawberries per hectare .
In South Africa the yield is 25 tons per hectare .
And the farmers there thought that we live in heaven for being able to get 25 tons of strawberries per hectare .
But , the polish farmer does not irrigate the crop , and they do not apply any fertiliser either , and when I asked them why they do not irrigate the crop , or apply fertiliser , etc , they said " but NOBODY in Poland does that , and therefore we cannot change the way everybody else grow strawberries ".

Accept things as they are , and enjoy it X#X

Enough is enough
nan

Post by nan »

\O X#X

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/

Return to “Park Facilities: Needs Attention”