CAMPING LOWER SABIE

Information & Discussions on Camping
bambazonke

CAMPING LOWER SABIE

Post by bambazonke »

Is it worth camping at Lower Sabie, or is it really as awful as it is made out, last (south part of Kruger) trip only stayed 2 nights at Croc Bridge where we ended up sharing a site with a family from Gauteng, (they were very nice people, but the overcrowding, noise and chaos was a nightmare). Filled in feedback/complaint nada O/ So comments and opinions, please.

Alf

Re: CAMPING LOWER SABIE

Post by Alf »

My personal opinion;

It depends what you like and what not. If you don't like overcrowding then Lower Sabie won't be that bad because these stands are marked out and have numbers. Nobody can pitch his tent right on your door step.

But my concern is that these marked stands are very small so if you have a 10 man tent I don't think it would fit.

Not sure if there are bigger stands for caravans. -O-

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
harrys

Post by harrys »

I like camping at LS and our caravan fits nicely and we put the add a room on for the young ladies(not kids anymore)too and there is enough space for all O/\ O/\

Oh oh there is that longing for Kruger feeling again :-) :-0

KTP: Twee Rivieren 12 to 13 May
KNP: May be one day again??
bambazonke

Post by bambazonke »

Thanks guys.
Only an off road trailer, so not a lot of space needed, and do not usually spend much time in camp anyway. Problem in Croc Bridge is one ablution was out of order, so safari tents and some of the chalets had to share one small ablution and the kitchen area, plus the camping site were all doubled up, so electrical leads, guy ropes, etc were a total hazard. Sad to say but after that Kruger trip I was not sorry to leave and am having second thoughts on the upcoming trip and having a think and several consultations with family and friends I have probably had close to +/- 200. visits to KNP :-(

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Wow, a lot of visits, bamba! X#X

I stopped camping, and chose the hut route? -O-

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
RobertT

Post by RobertT »

Have camped at Lower Sabie a few times and some times even over Dec, never felt overcrowded. You are aware of your neighbors but it is not too bad. Think the demarcated sites help as people then know their boundaries. \O

bambazonke

Post by bambazonke »

Lots of visits yes, including the Wilderness Trails but I have had a lot of years in which to fit it in. ^0^

Do not mind being aware of the neighbouring campers, but when you get up at silly o clock (game drive) and they are sitting under your awning if it polite to a) ignore them and head to the ablutions b) offer then tea/coffee/rusks then head to the ablutions c) start packing up around them hoping they will move.

RobertT

Post by RobertT »

Never had it so bad Bambazonke. I also snore quite loudly so that could also explain why no one is near me.

Snore so bad, in army my friends used to tell me to sleep away from them, the thinking was if we get attacked they will attack where all snoring is and my friends can escape or rescue me, depending. =O: =O: =O:

bambazonke

Post by bambazonke »

Never found out the reason, but never had such overcrowding in Kruger and it was out of school holidays too. Have has that sort of packed in like sardines at J Bay. My favourites are the ones who if the site is almost empty, they must pitch next to you I always want to ask a) if you are afraid of the dark, why are you out? B) scared the lions might eat you ? or c) they really really want you to offer them a drink :O^

RobertT

Post by RobertT »

Heard of it being like that along fence in some places. People don't seem to realize the whole camping area is taken into consideration when carrying capacity is taken into account. \O

Return to “Camping”