New Territory

PJL

Re: New Territory

Post by PJL »

Thanks Flutts, Lis, RP, Mel & Pumbaa for the comments \O \O

It was definitely a good elephant afternoon :yes:

Fortunately it wasn't too busy back at the lions so we were able to pull into a nice position with some decent visibility. The lions were relatively active which was surprising given the amount they had eaten over the past 24 hours, but we certainly weren't complaining! There was a bit of a tug of war going on between Dawn and one of the young boys... she won quite convincingly O**

Duffy had gone for a bit of a wander and as she came back to join the others her path took her quite close to us O/\

Meanwhile one of the boys gave his mom Josie a big hug 0/0

Once Duffy had settled down she reminded us of her weapons O:V

Dawn finished snacking and all the meat must have made her thirsty as she got up and headed over the road to drink at Peasland

It was a shame she drank facing away from us, but on the way back she came right past our car which was a nice close encounter ^Q^ ^Q^

Things seemed to settle down after that with just an occasional head popping out in the golden evening light O:V

We had to leave in order to make the exit gate in time, but just before leaving Josie finally glanced our direction... this is one of my favourite photos of her to date :-0

Thanks to all of you who have joined in or followed along on this TR... hope you enjoyed seeing some of the different parts of Addo as well as some of the regular stars of the park X#X X#X

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I certainly did enjoy it and also want to thank you for all the brilliant photos ^Q^ ^Q^

It must be about time to go back to Addo for me :-0 :-0

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Exquisite goodbye and thank you very much for the treats, Peej! X#X X#X X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

That sighting was just incredible! :-0

I wonder how one could possibly tell that Josie is half blind when you look at your great front up of her. 0:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
PJL

Post by PJL »

Mel wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:05 pm That sighting was just incredible! :-0

I wonder how one could possibly tell that Josie is half blind when you look at your great front up of her. 0:
She's an amazing lioness... but when trouble like elephant comes along you see her slink away first as she needs the time to negotiate the terrain around her. In some ways it's very sad to see as I'm not entirely convinced she has always been like this. I have heard from some sources that the sedative used when darting (e.g. replacing tracking collar) could have been the issue, but I'm no expert unfortunately -O-

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Oh, no one would ever acknowledge if that's the case O**

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I hope that it is not, because they are not going to stop darting the animals :shock: O-/

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
PJL

Post by PJL »

Mel wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:39 pm Oh, no one would ever acknowledge if that's the case O**
Very true Mel :yes:

PJL

Post by PJL »

Lisbeth wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:46 pm I hope that it is not, because they are not going to stop darting the animals :shock: O-/
You're right Lis, there is always a need to dart animals. However there are alternatives to the particular drug that is currently being used... perhaps the price has something to do with it :O^

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

If that's the case, it is a serious matter :evil:

Return to “Travel Tales of Addo Elephant National Park”