Two "nanas" (girls) in the Kgalagadi

nan

Re: Two "nanas" (girls) in the Kgalagadi

Post by nan »

Richprins wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:08 am Anything could happen, nana! 0/0 0/0

What interesting shots of and from the planes! [O]

(Look at all the electricity at Joburg! :shock: lol )

Thank you for the wonderful story very much, and stay safe! [InLuv]
of course, you are right…. but please before I got 100 years old =O:
come to my house once and you will see the view from a plane ;-)
yes, to many electricity in J'burg... what a waste 0*\
:ty: RP

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
nan

Post by nan »

Pumbaa wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:23 pm Thanks Nan,

as always a fantastic trip report O0 \O and as Richprins said everything can happen :ty:
:ty: Pumbaa, yes everything can happen :yes: but rather quickly please
It was a pleasure to share, I like that, and occupied me a little bit :-) ... maybe more than a little bit ;-)

nan

Post by nan »

Alf wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:24 am So sad that it was your last trip Nan. Hope you enjoyed every single one of them.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us
:ty: Alf, it was a pleasure to share
Yes I enjoyed every trip O/\ I made so many trips all around the world... but I still need South Africa [InLuv]

Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

nan wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:26 pm
Michele Nel wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:56 pm
Oh how I would like to see all these people I love so much. South Africans you are champions of hospitality, not stingy with smiles and so warm. Thank you ! I was so lucky to discover your country.
Lovely words Nan..thank you. :)

Wow ..you have opened my eyes to Upington ..especially the river cruise. Maybe we should not be is such a rush to get to KTP next time..we should linger a bit along the river. :) I am especially jealous of the Cliff-Swallows.
I miss you so much Michele :-(
Are you still confined... I hope you will return soon, very soon to your home 0/0 to see Amy with the little bear [Luv]
the Cliff-Swallows are liffers for me... of course, like some others in the park O/\
:ty: Michele
Aw Nan I miss you much as well. Yes I am finally home. It was a long haul...three and a half months. But I am home....I am still in self-isolation until Wednesday. Maybe then I will just get in my car and go for a drive .. :)
Thx for sharing your lovely story with us ....thx Lisbeth for your input as well. :)

nan

Post by nan »

0/* Michele very happy you are now at home… confined or not… you are at home O/\
0/0 0/0 0/0 take care of you... of the virus, it's not so good in Cape Town 0*\
thank you for coming here O0

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Catching up from page 71... Well, actually from page 68 to find out why I had thought that this travel tale had ended... Quite clearly, I didn't read properly that you only left the wilderness camps for the trip, but not the park yet 0*\ :o0ps:

Seeing Lis at the braai and the meat on your plate with the Savanna next to it makes me pretty sad right now that I missed out on that in March and will also not have it in October. :no:

Great owl sightings though :-0

And I agree - leaving is the worst part and on returning to Upington I dislike that seemingly never ending road even more than on the way in, when it feels like an eternity until you see Twee reception. But at least you have something to look forward to. On the way out you only face a very long trek until you get back home - usually into a cold environment where you have to wear trousers and shoes again. :O^

Brown Manor looks nice! :-0

And I enjoyed the cruise on the Orange River with all the wonderful water and other birds. O:V

But returning home for the very last time made me even sadder than my missed trips :-(

Thanks for sharing this trip and for doing all the hard work, knowing that you don't find it easy to write in English. O0

Oh... those Swiss Roesties were divine! I added a bit of grated cheese (to make it extra fat =O: ), fried some extra bacon (to make it even fatter) and made some salad. It was sooo good. [Luv]

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
nan

Post by nan »

Oh what a pleasure to see you here, thank you 0/0

Me too, I miss braais and evenings around the fire, stars, sounds of animals ... wind ... but you know all that…

But I must and you too, to wait a few months, maybe more, for everything to return more or less to normal ... in an acceptable state [CV19]

We were very lucky with the Owls, for my greatest pleasure.

Brown Manor is very good and is above all close to my friends, I can go there on foot and Johan (the husband of my friend Evelyne) picks me up for the few meters which are not fenced :yes:

I was counting on you to have some news from the park, friends and our beloved Cheetahs. Hanri did she have new babies ... it's so sad to not know anything no more, and Safran does she finally have a viable and visible baby ... soon... very soon I hope, you will let me know O/\

I am delighted that you liked the roestis, with grated cheese, why not and I also add bacon and possibly a fried egg on the top, or in a lake !
But I enjoy all the TT on the forum, from everywhere in South Africa, I am so sad to have left Africa in this way, I have images, lots of images ... so many memories and some good friends I let behind [Luv]

Keep going well and watch out for both of you :yes: X#X
lot of love 0/0 0/0 0/0

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”