No
35%
Yes
61%
Don't know
4%

Total votes: 23

RobertT

Re: POLL: "Is it suitable for visitors to enter a restaurant in Sanparks barefoot?"

Post by RobertT »

Buffs also not wearing shoes. 0*\ 0*\

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: POLL: "Is it suitable for visitors to enter a restaurant in Sanparks barefoot?"

Post by Richprins »

BC, you are bringing all kinds of unrelated topics in here...the poll is a simple question... O**

You asked for good reasons to wear shoes and there we go, but that is not really the topic, is it? :O^

You can walk barefoot all you want, just not in a restaurant! 0*\

And you pulled the race card when you were called out there at the golf club... :twisted:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

RobertT wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:55 pm Buffs also not wearing shoes. 0*\ 0*\
Ja and maybe the golf club needs to purchase shoes for the vervets that continually steal food and run through the place O**

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:28 pm BC, you are bringing all kinds of unrelated topics in here...the poll is a simple question... O**

You asked for good reasons to wear shoes and there we go, but that is not really the topic, is it? :O^

You can walk barefoot all you want, just not in a restaurant! 0*\

And you pulled the race card when you were called out there at the golf club... :twisted:
Ja, a simple question and it seems "no shoes" has the majority O**

I was asked to wear shoes because of a naïve historical stigma that "no shoes" means "lower class", hence the perception is I'm devaluing the "fancy place."

I don't wear shoes in any restaurant in Toti O** but will wear shoes in a fancy restaurant, not because I'm uncomfortable barefoot, but because I make others uncomfortable barefoot, but the golf club in Skukuza certainly isn't fancy. Cattle Baron & Mugg and Bean have never asked me to leave O**

What race card :-? You lost me here :-?

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

harrys wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:47 pm
Richprins wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:58 pm It is a common rule overseas - No Shirt-No shoes-No service! :yes:

And what must foreigners then think if it is allowed here? :-(
This is NOT overseas, this IS South Africa.....why do people always think we must be/do like other country's :evil:
Anyway I'd rather braai and make my own food when in KNP \O X#X
..Braai is the Best Restaurant and you can make it real fancy with a good bottle of wine and AAAAA Lamb Chops from the farm at Victoria West ..Shoes yes at night only for the Mozzies in Kruger and Scorpions at Rooiputs where the Doctors rooms moved out 183 years ago ..but lunch time..Kaalvoet in that lovely clean red sand
Gravel Hill Shiraz.jpg

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Bushcraft wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:06 pm

You said you accuser was Afrikaans! :X:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

I can also get my whole family to log on and vote! :twisted: =O:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Do! :twisted:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:48 am

You said you accuser was Afrikaans! :X:
That's not a race thing 0- I'm 25% Afrikaans and Cow is 50% ^0^ I stated that I was addressed in Afrikaans and it irritated me because in the service industry English is the norm and the natural assumption she made that I was Afrikaans because I was barefoot is offsides in my opinion :-?
Richprins wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:13 am

I can also get my whole family to log on and vote! :twisted: =O:
None of my family vote when I'm involved as it's a principle thing and I have told you this before in their presence. Admin can surely check that also. ^0^ So legitimately winning O/\

Even those who can't get past the "class/civilised" stigma attachment to those who are barefoot will kick their shoes off at night and feel more relaxed and comfortable afterwards, I just choose to feel like that wherever possible.

Kruger is meant to be a relaxed place and many people are more comfortable barefoot, especially while on holiday, so if the Golf club or any other restaurant in Kruger have attire rules, then they need to be displayed otherwise they can't refuse entry, it's that simple in my opinion 0:

Fortunately the millennial generation will ask "why" instead of blindly following tradition

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

None of my family vote when I'm involved as it's a principle thing and I have told you this before in their presence. Admin can surely check that also. ^0^ So legitimately winning O/\

How on earth am I supposed to remember everything you tell me late at night? 0-

No, admin can't see who votes what. :no:

Ok, the thing is one can't eat when someones's feet are sticking out, a simple truth. 0:

See below, not appetizing:

q.jpg
q.jpg (131.52 KiB) Viewed 700 times

Return to “South African National Parks in General”