Ndumo - A lion kill?

Information & Discussion on Ndumo
Mel
Global Moderator

Ndumo - A lion kill?

Post by Mel »

Scipio wrote:Just to get this off the ground, I can remember some lions in the previous century and now, who has some history on this place?

I got charged by lions on a walk there in 2001, March.

A hidden treasure that is I tell you all.

Moggiedog

Re: Ndumo - A lion kill?

Post by Moggiedog »

Unfortunately never been - but have family that love going and go as often as possible.

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Scipio wrote:Can anyone remember the situation when a few tourists were attacked at Ndumo, or was it another park, but that was many moons ago.

Researching some history now, as Natal Parks was there before Sanparks, very interesting. If you can find the book, "The conservationists and the killers" anyone.

iNdlovu

Post by iNdlovu »

One of the oldest KZN Parks, and is a real treasure for birders. I did my first Impala capture in Ndumo, long before the use of nets etc. We used to ride on the back of Land Rover bakkies at night, freeze a herd in spot lights, dive out of the Landy and tackle them carefully. They then had their legs bound with nylon ladies stockings and loaded onto another vehicle. One night of capturing and you had more scrapes, cuts and wounds that Bakkies Botha after a good game. (Very late 50's early 60's)

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Scipio wrote:My first lion charge I faced was Ndumo, and my first Croc in the sea was another Natal park at St. Lucia, where does that figure now in the sceme of things.

Return to “Ndumo Game Reserve”