SANParks: Respect our animals

Information and Discussions on Management Issues of Concern in Kruger
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: SANParks: Respect our animals

Post by Richprins »

PennyinSA wrote:

Incident Two - come across Mozambique vehicle on S28 putting in GPS co-ordinates of a crash of rhino. Clearly not interested in the sighting as a tourist but up to no good. AHHH here is a luck - we have signal so we can phone the emergency number. Get through and clearly state name of road as well as details of what we have witnessed - answer from someone who could barely speak English - where is dat rod in de Park????

Give up!!!!!!!!
Shocking!

I must say, I simply reported a carcass to the emergency number on a Saturday morning in Dec., and got very enthusiastic and reasonable service! With a promise to phone me back, though, which didn't happen!

I think that reporting back by SP should be absolutely mandatory! :evil:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

If I had been treated like Penny, I would never report anything anymore and so will the attitude from others be. The situations can only get worse. One day something works, like the checking of the cars at the gates and the next day nobody is searched, so in fact nothing has changed.

SANPARKS DO NOT TRAIN THEIR STAFF PROPERLY!!!!!!! 0:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Shocking Penny (0!)

Lisbeth wrote:SANPARKS DO NOT TRAIN THEIR STAFF PROPERLY!!!!!!! 0:
That's sums it up \O But there's also a lack of will amongst a few as it's just too much work O/

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Bushcraft wrote:

That's sums it up \O But there's also a lack of will amongst a few as it's just too much work O/

Countrywide, BC! But still far fewer regarding SP for the moment...catching up fast though! O-/

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “General Management Issues - Kruger”