Pilanesberg - Doggies

Information & Discussions on Planesberg
Eland

Pilanesberg - Doggies

Post by Eland »

Lizbeth, STF and Amoli,
As promised :-)

We left Pretoria at 3.45 on 21 Jan 2012 and arived just before 5.30 at Manyane Gate in the Pilanesberg Nature Reserve. In the Park we turned left in Dithabaneng Drive, travel a few meters and here they are - 7 of them. They were very curious and came to the car when I stopped. Then the matriarch started running down the road back to Manyane Gate. I was told to turn the car and follow. The next minute they start running like the wind and I put my foot down on the petrol. Luckily there was only one car behind me. It feel like seconds when we caught up again at the gate and theey were already tearing pieces of meet out of a Impala. The personnel at the gate came running out and guests at the gate run to the fence. When they "open" the stomach we nearly closed the windows!!!! We were on a high the whole day.

Video:

And this is for STF - Richard, you and Joan's favourite place - specially taken for you :D

Dewi

Re: Pilanesberg - Doggies

Post by Dewi »

Fantastic Eland. I've never seen Wild Dogs. Must have been very exciting to watch. What an adrenaline rush.

Eland

Post by Eland »

Hallo Dewi,
I see in one of your comments that it is snowing where you are! It is very nice and hot in the Pilanesberg if you want to come for a quick visit.

Thanks for the comments - I hope you could open the video. We were really very happy with ourselves.

steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

What a fantastic sightings and so many photos. Thank you for sharing.

A big thank you for you photo of Joan and my favourite spot but something is missing?????? You are missing in the photo. Lets see the same spot but with you in it.

Dewi

Post by Dewi »

Hi Eland, Yup, watched the video. Amazing, but I struggled with the commentary though.

Eland

Post by Eland »

Dewi,
:evil: Comments in Afrikaans :-) I think I mentioned at some stage that the poor impala is still kicking :-)

steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

Have just watched your video now. Truly fantastic. How did manage to keep such a steady hand withn that action going on??????
Hi Vlakvarkvrou - only after watching the video did we realise you were alson the scene. Hope that you are well.

A few years ago we also saw doggies on the Dithabeng road but just a little further away from the gate.

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Hi Eland,

What an amazing sighting and great video!!! :mrgreen:

Trying to work out if you're VVV or Mads? :D

Eland

Post by Eland »

Thanks FB,
It was an excellent start to our day.

Eland

Post by Eland »

Before this post is archived, a friend of mine (Ester Botha) who is a regular visitor to this Forum gave me permission to post the next photos and video she took in the P/berg Reserve :-)

In the Hide at Ruighoek Dam

Somewhere in the reserve

Near Ruighoekdam

Dec 2011 - on the way to Lenong view point
View My Video

I am still trying to convince her to register on the forum :-)

Return to “Pilanesberg Game Reserve”