Permits for carrying sealed alcohol

Information and Discussions on Management Issues of Concern in Kruger
PennyinSA

Permits for carrying sealed alcohol

Post by PennyinSA »

Please be aware that I am now informed that after years of issuing a permit to enable me to travel from one timeshare to another with sealed alcohol this is now considered a problem for staff to manage such anomalies. It has taken many e mails and leaves me absolutely gobsmacked as to how anal Sanparks have become. After a seven and a half drive to expect me to drive around the Park and add on huge mileage and time I am not entitled to enter Crocodile Bridge with any sealed alcohol and leave via Paul Kruger Gate with the alcohol still sealed.

In the interim gate abuse as well as road abuse is definitely got to be considered as part of the rhino poaching problem and frankly when a committed Park goer who has been loyal tries to do things the RIGHT way and is thwarted then it leaves one wondering at the escalating problem. One of the replies sent on to me by Sanparks from a Senior staff member in KNP is a positive embarrassment and given the fact that he is dealing with members of the public he really does need to learn how to spell, utilise grammar and syntax as well as the proper words - creating a "president" would make me very happy if I thought we would be getting a new leader but certainly not in this context.

There is absolutely no control of what leaves camps on a daily basis and those booked into Sanparks accommodation are imbibing freely at picnic sites and on the roads but because they are not wearing the dread Day Visitor label all is well!!!!!

I am gatvol!!!

Bushcraft

Re: Permits for carrying sealed alcohol

Post by Bushcraft »

I understand your situation Penny and have engaged in similar correspondence with the same results, so gave up out of total frustration. O/ O/ O/

Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Penny, I feel the same way you do! :evil: We are having our company end of year function at Marloth Park this November. We also tried to organise that we transport our alcohol in a trailer, as we wanted to leave early on the Friday morning. We would have entered at Phalaborwa gate and exited at Malelane, but no such luck. We will now drive around the park, and SANParks lose as most of the staff don't have wild cards. 0*\

But, I do agree that they could never handle the control needed to investigate whether any alcohol had the seal broken. Hell, they can't even remember to check for fire arms when leaving. I know of a few people that have those fire arm bags at home because nobody ever checked the permit to see if they had weapons declared on it. O**

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

It's just too much effort for the staff, Penny! 0*\

I must add, though, that I've experienced similar poor spelling and what not from Camp Managers in emails over the years, and don't mind that, as they mostly do their best? -O-

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “General Management Issues - Kruger”