Ndumo - Land Invasion

Information & Discussion on Ndumo
Poplap

Re: Ndumo - Land Invasion

Post by Poplap »

Hi RS, I never had the courtesy of a reply from Ndumo. The only info I was able to obtain was the link that I posted below, excerpt herewith:

Hotline Message Friday 01/12/11

“I thought you should know that the Ndumo fence has again been removed / chopped down in large areas and KZN Wildlife is negotiating agricultural areas for them within Ndumo.”

So if you were there earlier this year, I suppose your post is a confirmation that the fence is up and 'well'?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein
Rockspider

Post by Rockspider »

Hi Poplap,

Why no reply on Ndumo? Don't people know a wonderful place when they see it? -O-

When we were there the fence was up yes and it seemed in good condition. We want to go again later this year, I will check for you. No photos of the fence I'm sorry. I never thought to take any of the fence.

Toko

Post by Toko »

:D Hi,

you could try to contact the Honorary Rangers and ask them:

Natalie Knibbs (Secretary Tembe Ndumo Honorary Officer Group) e-mail: info@hitecplumbing.co.za.

Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

Poplap wrote:Hi RS, I never had the courtesy of a reply from Ndumo. The only info I was able to obtain was the link that I posted below, excerpt herewith:

KZN Wildlife is negotiating agricultural areas for them within Ndumo.”
Oh, that's going to work! Wildlife and agriculture. Can see where this is heading...... :evil:

Rockspider

Post by Rockspider »

Dzombo wrote:
Poplap wrote:Hi RS, I never had the courtesy of a reply from Ndumo. The only info I was able to obtain was the link that I posted below, excerpt herewith:

KZN Wildlife is negotiating agricultural areas for them within Ndumo.”
Oh, that's going to work! Wildlife and agriculture. Can see where this is heading...... :evil:
I missed that??!
How could they? There is enough land around there to farm! 0=

Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

Does anyone have any latest news on this?

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

Dzumbo as I know it has been resolved as we have just come back from there and a couple of the roads are along the fence and I saw no sign of any damaged fence ,more than I can say about Kruger or Sanparks. Also saw no one walking around in the park that should not have been there :-)

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
Toko

Post by Toko »

Following the approval of the Mbangweni/Bhekabantu agricultural livelihood project and first implementations, things are more quiet now re protests.

Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

That's good to hear \O

Return to “Ndumo Game Reserve”