Kruger Advice

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Kruger Advice

Post by Lisbeth »

I will do a little research and then decide :yes:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

If you want to stay outside the park and still be close to a gate are there any other places apart from Phalaborwa, Marloth, Komatieport and Malelane?

A safe place where you can rent a cottage or similar. Does anybody know "Sand River Cottages" close to Hazyview? (Had a look and I do not like it O** )

I would rather stay further north though.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

It is more tricky away from the main centres, Lis! There are a couple of spots on the Orpen road, but 10-20 km from the gate as one has to pass Manyeleti and Timbavati reserves first?

The same goes for Kruger Gate unless you stay at the lodges there, but they are pricey! O-/

-O-

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Alf

Post by Alf »

Or maybe pitch your tent in the parking area of Phalaborwa gate ..0..

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
okie

Post by okie »

There are a number of places Hoedspruit area . In fact , we have stayed at a real magic place a number times , called Otters Den . Absolutely commendable \O Its on a little Island in the Blyde River .you carry you luggage over the river over a rope suspension bridge , while looking down at crocs and hippos a few meters below you . Its full catering \O .
The owner used to be a guy called Wynand Uys who is the son of the well-known South African film-maker - Jamie Uys ;-)
Otherwise further north a lot of places in Louis Trichardt ( 120 km from Punda Gate --- Cloud's End Hotel is fantastic ) , plus a few at Levhubu on the R524 ( within 40 km- 50 km from Punda Gate -- basically the same distance from Kruger as Hazyview and Hoedspruit ) , and also a number of places further north on R525 , such a s Tsipise hot water springs , etc , all within 30 to 50 km from Pafuri Gate .

Enough is enough
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

What I need is a cottage or a house with a/c and wifi, as I will be staying for a month and preferably not more than 10/15 minutes from a gate to Kruger. I have found this https://www.booking.com/hotel/za/bergda ... #hotelTmpl which looks OK even if 20 minutes is a bit too much from the gate and I am afraid that Phabeni gate is too far south and too busy :-?

There is still a lot of time!

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”