Olifants ablution at shop

Information and Discussions on Management Issues of Concern in Kruger
Alf

Olifants ablution at shop

Post by Alf »

As everyone saw in my TT that I complained about the state of the men's ablution at Olifants, I submitted a complaint on the SP forum on 23 March. After some time i gave them no one replied so I decided to post the pictures, which were send onto Groenkloof.

After that they were quick to respond and i have received the following e-mail on 13 May

We acknowledge receipt of your email dated 12th May 2015, regarding your recent experience during the visit to Kruger National Park. Thank you for taking time to write us such constructive feedback. We value such as it assists us in addressing all the mentioned issues and enables us to improve on our service standards.

We regret the disappointment and inconvenience endured during your stay at Olifants. Your feedback has been forwarded to the management concerned to investigate and respond within 14 days.

We appreciate your continued support and loyalty.

Then today the following e-mail from Olifants camp

Thank you for the below feed-back which was sent to our Customer Care department regarding your visit to the Kruger National Park. It is always our conviction that our guests have a memorable experience during their stay in the Park. We have a team of housekeeping supervisors who among other things is to check that public facilities such as the ablutions are monitored on short intervals through-out the day to keep them clean, however in this case it looks like this task was not carried out to the full for some time, and hence the state in which they were in, is an evidence to that effect.

This matter was addressed with the supervisors and cleaners all have been given warnings to knock sense in them, that, they should be sensitive enough to act promptly to avoid unnecessary decaying of facilities.
The ablution has been attended to by the maintenance department and wall the below the urinary has been repainted.

We appreciate your continued support and loyalty.

So my question is the following; why must somebody complain before something are done about the problem? How low are their standards? Can't they identify the problems and fix it themselves?

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
H. erectus

Re: Olifants ablution at shop

Post by H. erectus »

Alf wrote:So my question is the following; why must somebody complain before something are done about the problem? How low are their standards? Can't they identify the problems and fix it themselves?
Yah well Alf, a gold lined question, a question not guilty until proven, blah blah

We drift along until someone complains!!! Only shows a lack of concern from
the curators side!!!

Heh,.. H.e
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Hey Alf, do not at all be surprised that the responsibility lies with a contractor
and subsequent complaints will be addressed, meaning shifting the buck of responsibility!!!

Heh,.. H.e
Alf

Post by Alf »

Yeah H it is easy to apologize and say we have addressed the problem but why do someone have to complain before something is done?

Is it so difficult to keep a place up to a standard that is acceptable to everyone or do we carry on doing less until someone complains -O-

Next trip to the bush??

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The next wildie, who is going to Olifants is kindly requested to check if the work has been done, please :ty:

We have read so many nice words, but have often observed, that that was all, words 0*\

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Alf

Post by Alf »

This gives me an idea of a next mission ..0..

Next trip to the bush??

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Maintenance is a difficult concept sometimes, Alf...nationwide.

The accepted principle seems simply that. React to complaints, which is perhaps the way to go? What can one do? -O-

That's why we started the maintenance thread here years ago, and it works! :-)

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
nan

Post by nan »

maintenance is the base of a commerce \O

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Sanparks has not read that book, Nan O** lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Couldn't agree more... 0' :yes: At least not in a professional kind of way... The staff in the camps to their utmost with the resources they got.
But that's the smaller camps... And I'm not sure at what sizes bigger camps count just as such...

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

Return to “General Management Issues - Kruger”