History of Kruger National Park - Dr Salomon Joubert - 3 Volumes

Discuss interesting books on conservation matters
Richprins
Committee Member

History of Kruger National Park - Dr Salomon Joubert - 3 Volumes

Post by Richprins »

This is the authoritative history of the Park up until 1994, including politics, animal/plant/geological info, developments, tourism etc. by an Ex-Warden, or CEO, or whatever you call it? lol

I have some of the first edition, but a second edition has been printed now as the first lot was sold out a few years back.

It is invaluable Africana, and I haven't found a spelling mistake yet, but am scarcely through the first volume... \O

It is a research and layman-friendly set of three volumes of about 450 pages each, beautifully illustrated in colour, with unique photos.

One can google about it. Dr Joubert sent the info a while ago, but the mail contains personal details which I don't think we should post. Anyway, one can get further info by PM-ing a committee member/mod or mailing Dr Joubert at, scj.joubert@gmail.com

It costs from R1200 to R1500 plus mailing, also available to international buyers.(About $20, and falling! O:V )

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
stefan9

Re: History of Kruger National Park - Dr Salomon Joubert - 3 Volumes

Post by stefan9 »

Have this on pre-order. Can't wait to get my copy.

Dzombo

Re: History of Kruger National Park - Dr Salomon Joubert - 3 Volumes

Post by Dzombo »

I have the first release of these books.
Well worth getting.

I wish Dr Joubert would do a Vol 4 (1994 to present)

Return to “Books & Recommended Reading”